Fernandinho to leave at the end of the season

The measure of the man and his contribution to City was exemplified in his media greeting of Erland with his son, even when technically not at the club. Clearly a welcome done many times to other players before before and followed up.

No-one could have predicted his impact as a player and person when he signed for City.

Fantastic service to the club and leaves us with so many memories of truly immaculate performances. But not only for us either. I recall while having lunch in Kiev prior to a game against Dynamo being told by a Ukrainian journalist who had just attended the pre match conference with Pellers, how much he missed watching the maestro play for Shakhtar. I had no idea he'd spent fully eight years with them which I find quite remarkable for a Brazilian in such a harsh climate, and recent events there he must find pretty hard to deal with too. Although it's sad to lose him, he certainly deserves a return home after such a long, fabulous career in far away lands, and he's sure to get a very big welcome every time he is over for a visit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.