Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game will give him so much confidence, which is all he,s been lacking so far. He will be a monster by christmas.

Can one of our technical geeks make a gif of his performance today. Some really important tackles and interceptions.

avoidconfusion said:
blightee said:
has been excellent so far, 7/10

How is "excellent" only a 7/10? LOL

andrewmswift said:
anyone care to slag him today?

thought not.

Never slagged him, never will. All I said is that he is nowhere near worth the money we paid for him. And I stand by that even if a lot of people in this thread seem to be getting their knickers in a twist about it.
because I said that at halftime? he did (along with everyone else) drop off after the first 10 minutes of the second half, so overall I would say 7/10 anyway.
He didn't move forward into dumb positions in the final 3rd and didn't expose us to counter attacks by losing the ball on the edge of their box, which he had been guilty of in previous games.

Absolute monster today, was everywhere breaking up play, covering angles, getting in interceptions and probably most importantly allowing yaya a bit of a license to get forward more. Man of the match by far for me today. Seen something similar against Bayern pre-season. His game isn't the headline making type so might not get the appreciation he deserves but my word what a performance.

Was absolutely brilliant yesterday. He's beginning to come alive now that Pellegrini realises he's the better candidate to screen the back four than Yaya. In earlier games, Yaya was often the deeper of the two men.

Won the ball 9 times, (4 tackles + 5 interceptions). Those 4 tackles were the second most of any player, the 5 interceptions were THE most. He won the ball 3 times more than midfield partner, Touré. Dinho is an interception machine with his footballing brain and anticipation. Hefty price tag, but a 100% upgrade on Barry who he is equal to or better in nearly every department. Dinho's passing is comparable to Barry's~~neat, tidy, and positive. The difference is Dinho is simply different class when it comes to closing down and pass awareness. Barry is good at that too, but will always be limited by his speed. Dinho will always be quicker to snuff out an attack, win interceptions, close down players, etc. This pace is of immeasurable value to have, and the doubters will only come to realize it when we are saved by it....which will happen.

The only person to better him was Zabeleta, who won the ball 10 times, one more than him (9). No surprise there as the rags like to attack the flanks, and Zaba was a monster.

Dinho and Nasri were tied for most key passes at 3.

Was thoroughly impressed with his performance, and the prospect of what he can become for us as we mould him into our little midfield terrier.

One pass of Dinho's in particular resonates in my mind. A beautiful, to-the-feet, ground pass to Navas (I think), that seemed to cover the length of the pitch diagonally. Love seeing this side of his game, and expect him to show it more as he settles more and more.

Much more positive about this guy now, we're starting to get it right with him and Yaya in midfield. His athleticism and positioning in midfield is slowing down opposition counter attacks enough for more of our players to get back or in some cases nullifying them completely.

He did a block/interception on the edge of our area about 38 minutes in that was incredibly important. With him settling in he's got a lot more to offer yet, particularly going forward as we saw against Chelsea how much he can impact a game in that aspect, but for now doing the tidy stuff and covering when opposite teams counter is a critical job that he's doing very well

After watching the vid of him against chelsea I can see why we might have wanted him further forward with Yaya further back (and btw I don't subscribe to the idea that Yaya is needed further forward - he's great there but he can boss games from a deeper role too, picking the ball up from the centre halves and moving it forward, or stood in the middle of the pitch picking out passes and then moving on), but having Fernandinho's pace to cover their counters is working brilliantly. Maybe as he settles and his understanding with Yaya grows we can see him going forward on occasions with Yaya covering for him and get the best of both worlds, but for now it's working just fine

I have been a big critic of his. Couldn't quite get a measure of him in his first few games, the only mark he seemed to make was yellow cards for needless fouls, sometimes he just seem to be wondering around. Something seemed to click on Tuesday though and he has been immense in the 2 games. He will have to be on top top form for us when Bayern come to visit though, but at least he has finally shown he will be able to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.