Fernando Torres

PaulPowre said:
We have already had a £50m bid turned down so it would be a figure exceeding the Ronaldo fee in my opinion that is assuming we finish 4th. If we don't finish 4th we ahve very little chance of him coming.

Not to sure it would have to exceed the tranny fee, as that fee was astronomical and won't be beaten for a few years yet in my eyes. I think it would be close to it though, perhaps £70m. Whatever anyway, it would dwarf our already held British record fee.

black mamba said:
If Torres becomes available we wouldnt be the only interested party ..... and i'm not all that convinced that Torres is even that 'money driven' to be honest ...... unless he's sold 'above his head' , i really can't see him leaving Liverpool.

Fantastic goal of his at the Swamp yesterday , but he fucked two other opportunities up!

We might not be the only intrested party but surely we would be the most likely to get him if we got 4th. The dippers would want money and he wouldnt go to Real Madrid because he is Athletico Madrid through and through.

Mikem93 said:
black mamba said:
If Torres becomes available we wouldnt be the only interested party ..... and i'm not all that convinced that Torres is even that 'money driven' to be honest ...... unless he's sold 'above his head' , i really can't see him leaving Liverpool.

Fantastic goal of his at the Swamp yesterday , but he fucked two other opportunities up!

We might not be the only intrested party but surely we would be the most likely to get him if we got 4th. The dippers would want money and he wouldnt go to Real Madrid because he is Athletico Madrid through and through.

Correct. No chance he will ever go to Real. Barca maybe, and if its a choice of us or Barca there will only ever be one winner, and rightly so too as as someone has already pointed out, he isn't motivated by money, its all about the club and the standard of football on offer. All depends on whether Barca would want him though.

Pigeonho said:
Mikem93 said:

Correct. No chance he will ever go to Real. Barca maybe, and if its a choice of us or Barca there will only ever be one winner, and rightly so too as as someone has already pointed out, he isn't motivated by money, its all about the club and the standard of football on offer. All depends on whether Barca would want him though.

If they do i'm sure we could help them pay for him by signing Messi.

mat said:
Pigeonho said:

If they do i'm sure we could help them pay for him by signing Messi.

And then everyone's happy!

I think if Rafa is still there, Torres wont be, it's been speculated Rafa has lost the dressing room, and im no body language expert but it's pretty clear, that is one very unhappy camp. He will come here I reckon, weather we finnish 4th, 5th, or 6th, just a hunch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.