Ferran Torres signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy Torres signed for us. Happy that he scored some fantastic goals. Happy that we made a 34 million profit. Not sure any spanish players struggle to settle in Manchester. D. Silva and De Gea are 2. Hard for any spaniard to turn Barca down. Sad he's gone and hope City have a large sell on clause and/or a cheap buy back. His age and Covid may have played a part in wanting to leave ie no real night life for the guy. I feel for young people nowadays....where is the fun?
We made 42m profit. We had already paid off a 1/3 of his original transfer fee on the books...
Not bad....

I'm happy Torres signed for us. Happy that he scored some fantastic goals. Happy that we made a 34 million profit. Not sure any spanish players struggle to settle in Manchester. D. Silva and De Gea are 2. Hard for any spaniard to turn Barca down. Sad he's gone and hope City have a large sell on clause and/or a cheap buy back. His age and Covid may have played a part in wanting to leave ie no real night life for the guy. I feel for young people nowadays....where is the fun?
No problem with what he managed in his brief time with us. If you read my earlier posts, you’d have seen that I’d already mentioned Silva as an exception for us and De Gea was also more established. My concern is more with the much younger Spaniards brought into the academy. Save for Angelino, who appears to have a touch of wanderlust, most have struggled with life in Northern Europe and quickly returned to Spain. I’ve also posted elsewhere that the pandemic has added to the difficulty of living abroad, so it wouldn’t at all surprise me if other young players, and established, leave earlier than we’d hoped in the next year. It’s not just the lack of night life that makes it harder; Torres is incredibly close to his sister and parents, and not having family around 24/7 must have been tough.

No problem with what he managed in his brief time with us. If you read my earlier posts, you’d have seen that I’d already mentioned Silva as an exception for us and De Gea was also more established. My concern is more with the much younger Spaniards brought into the academy. Save for Angelino, who appears to have a touch of wanderlust, most have struggled with life in Northern Europe and quickly returned to Spain. I’ve also posted elsewhere that the pandemic has added to the difficulty of living abroad, so it wouldn’t at all surprise me if other young players, and established, leave earlier than we’d hoped in the next year. It’s not just the lack of night life that makes it harder; Torres is incredibly close to his sister and parents, and not having family around 24/7 must have been tough.
Understood. City is a business though and i think any club would take the chance to sign a young player, have him score one in three and sell on for nearly three times what they paid 18 months later. Yes it means they have to replace him but it seems part and parcel of running a club.

It's like Pep is still their coach, he trains players and then they move to Barcelona, at the very least they should be paying him a consultation fee ;)

It still blows my mind really that Barcelona are signing the players that can't break into City's first team. Says a lot about our current squad and training facilities.

So the player who Barca are going to build their team around cant even be registered yet lol!! i guess they got a shift some more deadwood to get that wage bill down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.