Feyenoord v City pre-match thread

Feyenoord v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a much tougher game than most on here think. Feyenoord is playing good football and will give this a good go, being Dutch champions and back in the CL again after such a long time.
Reading the excellent blog here: https://supportersnotcustomers.com/2017/05/20/kampioen/ there seem to be quite some similarities between their winning the league this year and City's win 2012... Should be a very good game with a great atmosphere tonight!
I think most people, me included fall into the trap of making a judgement about the quality of the league. The Eredivisie has taken a knock over the past decade but it is still a very good league technically. If it was as simple as judging the quality of the league then we would have put 10 past Celtic each game last season, and Ajax gave us a shoeing a few years ago. Just hope our team isn't as blasé as us fans.

I think most people, me included fall into the trap of making a judgement about the quality of the league. The Eredivisie has taken a knock over the past decade but it is still a very good league technically. If it was as simple as judging the quality of the league then we would have put 10 past Celtic each game last season, and Ajax gave us a shoeing a few years ago. Just hope our team isn't as blasé as us fans.

I often watch the Eredivisie highlights show. Like the football and it seems all the teams in the league try to play
football in the right manner.

Great, thanks mate!
I have seen on YT you lot are able to play some fine technical football.
If you take the lead somehow the place will be exploding.

I assume Pep would take care in the mid and attack your wings.
So maybe a 4-1-4-1, bringing back a fresh Sterling, on form Sané and let Sergio and Jesus share the forward spot.

I hope we'll enjoy a great match!
And don't burn your fingers... :)

Yeahh.. and we dont expect anything, but we will do everything thats possible to get some points tonight haha!, enjoy and i like to speak you after the game!

And thanks!

Can anyone tell me why they prefer Danilo to Walker? Many on here think Danilo should play.
Walker has done nothing wrong since his debut ?.We bought him to replace our aging Warrior - Zabba.
Just curious
I think they should both play

Reading the excellent blog here: https://supportersnotcustomers.com/2017/05/20/kampioen/ there seem to be quite some similarities between their winning the league this year and City's win 2012... Should be a very good game with a great atmosphere tonight!
Yeah it does... and let's hope so!

In addition to Feyenoord's strong and weak points: Berghuis and Boëtius are two wingers who can score out of the blue from just outside the box (so far they scored more often than Jorgensen), and so can Toornstra. If Pep desides to play with three in the back that would not be a very good decision I guess.
And another weakness besides the two back defenders, is the slow pace of the central defenders. I'm sure the 5-0 is very good for confidence, on the other hand it might lead to underestimation considering the fact Feyenoord hasn't played any role in European football since 2002, except for some occasional wins (Sevilla, united).
Btw, the weather is still bad. It shoud get a bit better during the evening...

Rest aguero, rest silva, rest de bruyne and rest walker and Mendy.

Bravo
Walker
Stones
Mangala
Fernandinho
Yaya
Delph
Sterling
Bernardo
Sane
Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.