FFP Question

ShaunMCFC

Okay with everyone getting all arsey with our naming sponsorship, just how many ways is there of getting around it. In theory whats stopping us giving someone unrelated to the club £10M and getting them to spend it on merchandise?

I was speaking to a lad in the pub about it yesterday and thinking of ways to get around it, they won't ever be able to stop ways of beating the system.

Smelly Cnut said:
Okay with everyone getting all arsey with our naming sponsorship, just how many ways is there of getting around it. In theory whats stopping us giving someone unrelated to the club £10M and getting them to spend it on merchandise?

I was speaking to a lad in the pub about it yesterday and thinking of ways to get around it, they won't ever be able to stop ways of beating the system.
City will find loads of ways round it. Fergie,Wenger & Dalglish are shitting themseves!!!

Smelly Cnut said:

We have no need to do anything underhand to meet the FFP criteria. We'll manage it on turnover from our football-related activities alone once the redevelopments start coming online, and we've got a very good job of achieving it even without those developments if Cooke does a good enough job of increasing our commercial revenues.

The FFP is as watertight as a culinder, thats all you need to know or worry about.
There is nothing to stop Gallagher spending £1m in the club shop, there is nothing to stop a company buying a box and setting up a sponsorship deal for £10m a year.
Not only are we ruining football, were ruining the FFP ;-)

Irwell said:
Smelly Cnut said:

We have no need to do anything underhand to meet the FFP criteria. We'll manage it on turnover from our football-related activities alone once the redevelopments start coming online, and we've got a very good job of achieving it even without those developments if Cooke does a good enough job of increasing our commercial revenues.

Totaly agree!

johnmc said:
Smelly Cnut said:
Yes....

Bite

How much do you thing city get from a sale of the shirt? Say 20%? that's probably generous. So you spend £10m on shirts. City get £2m.

In theory I said. What if an unknown source buys shares in the club for over the odd prices?

Smelly Cnut said:
In theory I said. What if an unknown source buys shares in the club for over the odd prices?
There is a limitation on capital injections from club owners, assuming you are talking about a rights issue. If you are talking about them buying existing shares then the money would go to Sheikh Mansour, not City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.