Fibromyalgia

My Mrs has had this nasty affliction for nigh on 25 years Kaz, very debilitating as it's basically fybrositis which can affect virtually anywhere on the body,
hence the 'Myalgia.' Like yourself, she's laid up a lot with pain and fatigue, although exercise helps, together with numerous painkilling drugs. I hope you've not developed
this, JOTS and wish you a speedy recovery, the quack could be wrong, my wife had numerous tests at the time before being diagnosed.
I wish her well,it's no way to live,i too had every test known to man before getting the diagnosis of FM and chronic fatigue,pacing myself is key

My partner has Fibromyalgia, it's a bastard of an illness as most people just don't understand it or 'get it' and just think she's aching a little and a bit tired ffs.

I was diagnosed with this a few months ago. After years of different meds, ended up in A+E a few times due to reactions as the meds are strong I am on pain inhibitors and they are great so far.I also use Cannabis. It is a pisser of a disease. Up to a few years ago I was a hill walker but cant make a few hundred yards sometimes now. If you have it frustration will be your constant companion. There is normally other stuff wrong aswell as FM, I had a knee replaced and am waiting to get a neck joint replaced then shoulder surgery.Good luck with it all.

Morning folks.

Nearly a month into my Lyme disease infection and my doctor believes there's a strong chance I've developed Fibromyalgia as a knock-on. I'm in a lot of limb pain, off my food and still puking my guts up.

Has anyone had any experience of this? It feels like absolute shit.
I've had all those symptoms fella, but always alcohol induced!

Hope everything turns out well for you, I certainly wouldn't want to be going through any of that.

Cheers for the help and info, everyone.

I've had all those symptoms fella, but always alcohol induced!

Hope everything turns out well for you, I certainly wouldn't want to be going through any of that.

Ha, thanks. I wouldn't mind mate, but I've been dry now for about four months. Typical that I cop this shit while on a health kick.

I sincerely hope you don't have it, as it is a poorly understood illness. I suffer from CFS and it's quite common that it goes hand in hand with fibromyalgia,both are horrible, like Shadz says, frustration will be ever present. What I can say, is try not to let the frustration control you, as it did with me. Easier said than done, but I wish you all the best.

What an awful situation. Thoughts are with you.

Glucaosamine might be a help or Evening Primrose Oil for the skin.

My Mrs has had this nasty affliction for nigh on 25 years Kaz, very debilitating as it's basically fybrositis which can affect virtually anywhere on the body,
hence the 'Myalgia.' Like yourself, she's laid up a lot with pain and fatigue, although exercise helps, together with numerous painkilling drugs.

My partner has Fibromyalgia, it's a bastard of an illness as most people just don't understand it or 'get it' and just think she's aching a little and a bit tired ffs.

My wife developed Fybromyalgia too along with her other illness' and you would not believe the meds she is on - 80mg oxycontin twice a day with a top up oral solution for breakthrough pain, never mind paracetamol & pregabalin. And she's still in pain, even just a touch from my daughter pressing against her can make her wince.
The meds make her drowsy even more than the Fybro. She hardly leaves her bed and when she does she either falls asleep on the sofa or is in agony.

I aquired some weed just yesterday and got all the bits (grinder, roller etc) to see if it helps, but i'm interested to find out how to get this cannabis oil - I know it can be injested but as she vapes, I've heard that it can be taken that way too - does anyone know if you just pour the oil in like normal vaping oil? And where can you get it?

I would be grateful for any help.

My wife developed Fybromyalgia too along with her other illness' and you would not believe the meds she is on - 80mg oxycontin twice a day with a top up oral solution for breakthrough pain, never mind paracetamol & pregabalin. And she's still in pain, even just a touch from my daughter pressing against her can make her wince.
The meds make her drowsy even more than the Fybro. She hardly leaves her bed and when she does she either falls asleep on the sofa or is in agony.

I aquired some weed just yesterday and got all the bits (grinder, roller etc) to see if it helps, but i'm interested to find out how to get this cannabis oil - I know it can be injested but as she vapes, I've heard that it can be taken that way too - does anyone know if you just pour the oil in like normal vaping oil? And where can you get it?

I would be grateful for any help.

Feel for you mate. Mrs Stony is exactly the same, except in her case it's 75mcg Fentanyl patches with an oral morphine for when she is particularly bad. She can't make the stairs and was just sleeping on the couch all the time. I got her an electric bed which is now in the lounge and it's made a huge difference to her. It hasn't helped with the pain, it just makes her life a little easier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.