Fickle fans

ChicagoBlue

Having only been a City fan for every one of my 48 yrs, and seasoncard holder who lives overseas, I am dumbfounded by some of the nonsense I read about things at City.

We won the FA Cup last year and broke the drought
We are top of the league
We are breaking scoring records FOR
We are breaking scoring records AGAINST
We have most clean sheets in the league
We have one of the best managers in the world
We have a world class stadium
We have the best owners in the world
We are debt free
We NOW have the ability to attract world class players
We HAVE world class players in our team

And, for those of you who have only been a City fan for a few years, because you have only seen onwards and upwards:

We are not in a relegation battle.......in the Championship
We do not need to score two goals in injury time at Wembley to get into the Championship
We do not have local derbies with Macclesfield and Stockport
We do not have a revolving door on the Manager's Office
We are not attracting the aging dregs of world football in the hopes that they've "still got it"

Yes, we got beat by one goal by United in the FA Cup after playing 78 minutes with 10 players
Yes, we lost a two legged SF to Liverpool, after losing the home leg, and drawing 2-2 at Anfield
Yes, we have had a few bad games this season
Yes, some of the world class players are tired after "two or three a week" for the past 60 days
Yes, we are missing a few key players, but have a squad that should be able to cope

So, forgive me for saying, but WHO THE FUCK HAVE WE BECOME?

I EXPECT rags to whine about the above!
I EXPECT bin dippers to think the above is not good enough!
I EXPECT Norf Lahndahners to not be satisfied with it all!

I EXPECT REAL CITY FANS to realize that the Blue Moon Is Rising and, while there will be a bump or two along the road to success, there is NOT A SINGLE DOUBT that we are living the best era of being a City fan for 40 years, and possibly EVER!

I LOVE CITY! I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED CITY! I WILL ALWAYS LOVE CITY!

AND, TODAY, WE ARE THE BEST CITY I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!

CTID,

ChicagoBlue

P.S. "We're Man City, we'll score when we want!"
Really?
THAT is the NEW Man City?
Don't like it.
Don't like it one bit.
It is NOT the Man City I know and love.

We can do better!

ChicagoBlue said:
Having only been a City fan for every one of my 48 yrs, and seasoncard holder who lives overseas, I am dumbfounded by some of the nonsense I read about things at City.

We won the FA Cup last year and broke the drought
We are top of the league
We are breaking scoring records FOR
We are breaking scoring records AGAINST
We have most clean sheets in the league
We have one of the best managers in the world
We have a world class stadium
We have the best owners in the world
We are debt free
We NOW have the ability to attract world class players
We HAVE world class players in our team

And, for those of you who have only been a City fan for a few years, because you have only seen onwards and upwards:

We are not in a relegation battle.......in the Championship
We do not need to score two goals in injury time at Wembley to get into the Championship
We do not have local derbies with Macclesfield and Stockport
We do not have a revolving door on the Manager's Office
We are not attracting the aging dregs of world football in the hopes that they've "still got it"

Yes, we got beat by one goal by United in the FA Cup after playing 78 minutes with 10 players
Yes, we lost a two legged SF to Liverpool, after losing the home leg, and drawing 2-2 at Anfield
Yes, we have had a few bad games this season
Yes, some of the world class players are tired after "two or three a week" for the past 60 days
Yes, we are missing a few key players, but have a squad that should be able to cope

So, forgive me for saying, but WHO THE FUCK HAVE WE BECOME?

I EXPECT rags to whine about the above!
I EXPECT bin dippers to think the above is not good enough!
I EXPECT Norf Lahndahners to not be satisfied with it all!

I EXPECT REAL CITY FANS to realize that the Blue Moon Is Rising and, while there will be a bump or two along the road to success, there is NOT A SINGLE DOUBT that we are living the best era of being a City fan for 40 years, and possibly EVER!

I LOVE CITY! I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED CITY! I WILL ALWAYS LOVE CITY!

AND, TODAY, WE ARE THE BEST CITY I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!

CTID,

ChicagoBlue

P.S. "We're Man City, we'll score when we want!"
Really?
THAT is the NEW Man City?
Don't like it.
Don't like it one bit.
It is NOT the Man City I know and love.

We can do better!

Well said

As another exiled blue of over 30 years I could not agree more.

I will say one thing I have a lot of good blue mates and family and I don't think the scapegoating, moaning, lack of humour, negativity is typical. I suspect a lot is teenagers, Stirring rags, Internet warriors etc

It is embarrassing some of the grieving, attitude, fickleness is what I would expect from Sutton based Rags or scousers

Thats what you get with success - NEW FANS WHO KNOW FOOK ALL.

As much as I hate utd, then lads who i have grew up with and went all the time told us to expect as much.

Is it really a price we have to pay? More than likely yes.

Marvin said:
Seriously a lot of the fans posting are Utd fans

Not true, we soon catch most of them (well the forum membership does)

What we do have (and we are no different than any other forum in this matter) is a small minority of hysterical drama queens, in reality they are most likely to be pretty normal guys, but put them behind a key board and watch the hysterics flow.

We score when we want makes me want to scream, we wanted to score last night and we did nt could nt. shite song fuck it off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.