FIFA accuse England

For the record UEFA tried to fine Ireland over The Fields of Athenry and backed off when asked to explain why it was offensive, must have only heard the Celtic version that references the IRA.

They probably sang the full national anthem, like the Brasilians do.

God save our gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen
God save the Queen
Send her victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
God save the Queen

O Lord our God arise
Scatter her enemies
And make them fall
Confound their politics
Frustrate their knavish tricks
On Thee our hopes we fix
God save us all

Thy choicest gifts in store
On her be pleased to pour
Long may she reign
May she defend our laws
And ever give us cause
To sing with heart and voice
God save the Queen

Not in this land alone
But be God's mercies known
From shore to shore
Lord make the nations see
That men should brothers be
And form one family
The wide world over

From every latent foe
From the assassins blow
God save the Queen
O'er her thine arm extend
For Britain's sake defend
Our mother, prince, and friend
God save the Queen

Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring
May he sedition hush
And like a torrent rush
Rebellious Scots to crush
God save the King

Did the Queen die when you posted this?

Fifa had previously announced two sanctions against the HNS (Croatian Football Association) at the World Cup - a fine of 13,000 Swiss francs (£9,865) for fighting in the stands during Croatia’s win over Argentina (when their fans were more victim than culprit) and one of 70,000 (£53,174) for their players’ consumption of “non-authorised beverage products”.

Croatia were at the centre of a World Cup cover-up last night after Fifa admitted it had secretly let them off with a warning over fascist banners displayed by their fans.

FIFA fined the Mexican Football federation 10,000 Swiss franks(£8377) for discriminatory and insulting chants.

it would seem that fighting and chanting gay insults results in less of a fine than wearing the wrong socks or consuming a non sponsor beverage. Good old FIFA.

I’ve become good at blocking out the commentators and concentrating on the atmosphere and I didn’t pick out any of that sort of stuff.

England fans sang songs like:

“GSTQ”

“Clap clap clap-clap-clap clap-clap-clap-clap
ENGLAND”

“Engerland Engerland Engerland
Engerland Engerland Engerland
Engerland Engerland Engerland
Engerland
En-ger-land”

“On and on England in Russia
On and on drinking all your vodka
On and on England’s going all the way
1 2 3 4”

“We’re on our way
We’re on our way
To Moscow
We’re on our way
How we get there I don’t know
How we get there I don’t care
All I know is England’s going all the way”

“Looking back on when we first met
I cannot escape and I cannot forget
Southgate you’re the one
You still turn me on
Football’s coming home again”

And

“Rule Britannia
Britannia rules the waves
England never never never shall be slaves”

Not saying it wasn’t sung but didn’t hear it

From the BBC web site;-
On Wednesday the FA was fined 70,000 Swiss francs (£50,000) after Dele Alli, Eric Dier and Raheem Sterling wore "unauthorised" socks after ignoring a Fifa warning to stop.

The players wore branded ankle support socks over official Nike socks, "breaching media and marketing regulations and the Fifa equipment regulations".

Nice to see they're getting their priorities right.
Why the fuck has Sterling given unauthorised stuff for alli and dier to wear. He owes them, the fa and us an apology.

From the BBC web site;-
On Wednesday the FA was fined 70,000 Swiss francs (£50,000) after Dele Alli, Eric Dier and Raheem Sterling wore "unauthorised" socks after ignoring a Fifa warning to stop.

The players wore branded ankle support socks over official Nike socks, "breaching media and marketing regulations and the Fifa equipment regulations".

Nice to see they're getting their priorities right.

Don't most players do that these days?

C'mon guys, this world cup must have cost FICKFUFA a tidy wedge. They have to fill the coffers somehow! Nothing better than making up the rules as yer go along and stinging folk when they transgress! As I constantly iterate and reiterate, football must be the worst governed sport ever. Wonder if Carlsberg could do an advert?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.