FIFA acknowledges problems with Jabulani ball

S04 said:
You all miss a point I think, FIFA want to be able to change the ball to enhance certain aspects of the game..For example they once made the ball much easier to curve because free-kicks was considered worthless at that time.

Fifa want to tinker. They tinkered with the offside law. What they cannot seem to get their head round is that they may improve one or two aspects of what they are minded to, but they open a whole can of worms that they didn't know were there, and their feeble attempts at 'improving' the game backfires big time.

The things that would genuinely improve the game, such as the application of video to some of the more unsavoury aspects of the game, they turn up their noses, bury their collective head in the sand, and then have the stupidity to tell us that we aren't seeing what we have just seen. Administrators who are on the whole clueless.

S04 said:
You all miss a point I think, FIFA want to be able to change the ball to enhance certain aspects of the game..For example they once made the ball much easier to curve because free-kicks was considered worthless at that time.
So what aspect of the game has been enhanced by this current ball? And the point still stands that it is ludicrous to introduce something fundamentally different at such short notice before a World Cup. If they really wanted to enhance the game, they'd do what I said in my earlier post and force Adidas to share their technology with other manufacturers so that everyone knows how to use it properly long before the World Cup starts.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
S04 said:

Fifa want to tinker. They tinkered with the offside law. What they cannot seem to get their head round is that they may improve one or two aspects of what they are minded to, but they open a whole can of worms that they didn't know were there, and their feeble attempts at 'improving' the game backfires big time.

The things that would genuinely improve the game, such as the application of video to some of the more unsavoury aspects of the game, they turn up their noses, bury their collective head in the sand, and then have the stupidity to tell us that we aren't seeing what we have just seen. Administrators who are on the whole clueless.

To be fair, the pass back rule and the offside changes have been good for football.

The problem with organisations like FIFA is that they have to keep coming up with changes to the game to give them a reason to exist.

In addition, this ball will have come with huge sponsorship implications. Money talks! I dare say if someone offered enough money for it they'd play 12 a side at the next world cup, or make handling legal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.