Fifa: Gareth Bale and Zlatan Ibrahimovic query EA Sports game image rights

It might be worth noting that whilst the very top players won't need the money, players further down the pyramid or playing in poorer leagues overseas could benefit from an additional revenue stream, even if it is small.

I'm not yet sure where I stand on this issue.
Yep, I don't think this is about the money but more the principle. If I was a part time player and had my face on a game I'd like to see a small royalty no matter how small. Who gets their pockets lined? FIFA? I've never understood how it all works

The fact that both comments were followed fairly swiftly with a comment from their respective agents should tell you exactly what this is about.

I got the first time on PS1, cost me 38 quid. It wasn't anything special back then.

It was special in that ISS Pro games were easily the best football games ever made at that point. During the PS1 and PS2 era Pro/PES were better than fifa by a humongous margin.

This all stemmed from EA paying big bucks to add Beckham into their game. Who is a massive commercial name, isn't contracted to a club and owns his own image rights.

The issue is between Fifpro, their clubs and the players.
Raiola kicking up a fuss behind Ibrahimovic despite Pogba and Haaland being some of the faces of the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.