FIFA Women's WC France 2019

I only put it on just as it was being retaken. And I go mad at keepers that save pens two yards off their line. My point was general about VAR and how it has been implemented in champs league matches I’ve attended especially Schalke and spurs. Maybe that’s one for the VAR thread

I can't help but think that all the minor law changes that have been made recently have been an attempt to accommodate VAR. It shouldn't be a penalty if someone blasts the ball at you from three yards and it hits your arm, but VAR can spot that and so we have a 'raison d'être for the technology. I also think that if a player smacks the ball wide or into the stands from a penalty with no assistance from a goalie coming off the line then it shouldn't be retaken. If a goalie saves it and comes of the line then that's another thing! Eight minutes from the initial foul last night for the pen and the scored goal from the retake! Won't be the same game in a few seasons. The 'governing' bodies who are making these changes won't have a clue which path the game is travelling!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.