FIFPro official says Balotelli needs professional help

vonksbignose

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17707083

Sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere (I couldn't see it anywhere, but if so, please merge mods).

Anyway, I'm not one to blindly side with players if I believe they are in the wrong, but isn't there an argument to suggest that this guys comments are very close to being slanderous? I'm not sure of the laws on slander (maybe one of our more learned members may be able to direct us), but if I was Balotelli, I think I may be asking my lawyers to look very carefully at what this dope has said!

Blue Haze said:
I've thought this for a while.

If he isn't seeing a psychiatrist, he should be. Might save his career.

Maybe so, but the fact is that a senior representative from a players union coming out & accusing him of being mentally unstable, could have a negative effect on his career. They are meant to represent him, not scupper his career. As I say, I would have thought that his lawyers may want to take a look at these comments. As may City's lawyers to be honest, as this could arguably affect the player's resale value.

Maybe I'm wrong; like I said in my original post, I'm no lawyer, but I think I've got grounds for a valid point!

More shite aimed at Mario

More shite believed by some blues.

Leave the fucking kid alone FFS

vonksbignose said:
Blue Haze said:

Maybe so, but the fact is that a senior representative from a players union coming out & accusing him of being mentally unstable, could have a negative effect on his career. They are meant to represent him, not scupper his career. As I say, I would have thought that his lawyers may want to take a look at these comments. As may City's lawyers to be honest, as this could arguably affect the player's resale value.

Maybe I'm wrong; like I said in my original post, I'm no lawyer, but I think I've got grounds for a valid point!

And him lashing out on opposition players, thumping the ground in frustration, arguing over a free kick and getting sent off more than any other player in the league isn't harming his career? The guy isn't all there in the head it's clear as day.

And everyone says im nuts for pointing out the needless agenda against the kid. Why is everyone and their mother, nan, dog talking about a 21 year old. Its getting pathetic now.

RandomJ said:
vonksbignose said:
Blue Haze said:

And him lashing out on opposition players, thumping the ground in frustration, arguing over a free kick and getting sent off more than any other player in the league isn't harming his career? The guy isn't all there in the head it's clear as day.

I think you're missing my point here.

I'm not entering into an argument about whether or not Mario has mental issues. I'm asking whether an unqualified person from a players union has a right to suggest so, having never examined him, or gained the necessary qualifications to pass such a judgement. And if not, I'm asking whether he is putting himself or his organisation in a position where they stand the risk of being sued for slander.

I take it also that you are not a psychiatrist, although I am prepared to be proved wrong. I always find it best to be careful about what you assume about people you don't know! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.