Films to be buried with

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kennedy_probably_has, 21 Mar 2020.

1. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

Good call. He made that for a bag of crisps, you know. The budget's just ridiculous.
    Just one guy in a car, and a lorry, the driver of which you never see. That's it. All the skill is in the filmmaking.

LWashington likes this.
  2. Kakhaber The Great

Kakhaber The Great

1. First film you recall watching: The Old Dark House on telly. I'd be about 6/7, allowed to stay up. But I was too scared to go upstairs after!

2. Scariest film: The Exorcist.

3. Funniest film: Monty Python's Life Of Brian.

4. Film you liked but don't anymore: Sex, Lies & Videotape.

5. A film folk don't like but you love: Lifeforce.

6. A film most folk like but you don't: ET.

7. Worst film: Alien Origin. Do not watch this film. Ever.

8. A film that means something special: Digby The Biggest Dog In The World. First film at the 'pictures', Sale Odeon, 1973 I think.

9. Film/character you relate to most: Right now? Pike Bishop (Wild Bunch), a man out of time, the world is moving on as he goes riding off into his autumn...

10. Sexiest film scene: Sarandon and Deneuve in The Hunger.

11. Somebody/something in a film you find sexy but shouldn't: The dancing scene with Elizabeth Pena in Jacob's Ladder; it's like 'Yeh, baby' then abruptly 'whoa, no, that's not right!' Weird question.

12. Objectively the best film of all time: Citizen Kane.

13. The film that made you cry the most: Schindler's List. Lost it big time.

14. The film you've watched the most: No idea. Maybe The Thing (1982), or Blade Runner. Or...

15. Favourite film: Alien.

16. The film you'd take to the Afterlife: Field Of Dreams.

3. Newman Noggs

Newman Noggs

1 - first film you remember watching -Mary Poppins
    2 - scariest film - The Shining
    3 - funniest film - Grimsby
    4 - film you used to like but don’t anymore - Airplane
    5 - a film people don’t like but you love, or one you love that people don’t necessarily know -La Gloire de Mon Pêre
    6 - a film most people like but you don’t - Four Weddings
    7 - worst film - Mary Poppins 2
    8 - a film that means something special to you e.g one you remember watching with your dad, a first date or something like that. Feel free to explain your answer! -Zulu
    9 - film/character you relate to the most (e.g Jimmy Grimble!) - Walter Matteau in the Odd Couple comically grumpy
    10 - sexiest film (I’ll take sexiest scene) - Secretary
    11 - sub category of the above - troubling boner, worrying wide ons (his words not mine!). Somebody/something in a film you find sexy but probably shouldn’t. - no comment
    12 - objectively the best film of all time. Not necessarily your favourite but if you had to explain what “film” was to someone which film would you show them - Cinema Paradiso
    13 - film that made you cry the most - Sunshine on Leith (the first scene)
    14 - film you’ve watched the most - Gladiator
    15 - favourite film - Cyrano with Gerard Depardieu
    16 - the film you’d take to the afterlife with you and show on your “movie night” to everyone. Doesn’t have to be your favourite but can be! - Cinema Paradiso (director's cut)

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Kennedy_probably_has

Kennedy_probably_has

Yes to Secretary, have you seen The Deuce? She’s still got it

5. Kennedy_probably_has

Kennedy_probably_has

Might have to give that one a go

6. Newman Noggs

Newman Noggs

I shall have to give that one a go. Thanks

7. City Hobgoblin

City Hobgoblin

I tried watching Magnolia and couldn’t finish it, which is rare. Something about it really grated, and I remember seeing Cruise’s entrance doing the onstage guru thing and really hating it...
    I also didn’t rate Boogie Nights, thought it was a good idea but poorly executed.

I’ll suggest the Kinski / Herzog/ Popol Vuh remake of Nosferatu as being worthy of consideration.

8. Kennedy_probably_has

Kennedy_probably_has

It’s a series rather than a film but worth a watch

Newman Noggs likes this.
  9. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

1 - first film you remember watching - The Sound of Music
    2 - scariest film - The Shining
    3 - funniest film - Some like it Hot
    4 - film you used to like but don’t anymore - Jaws
    5 - a film people don’t like but you love, or one you love that people don’t necessarily know - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
    6 - a film most people like but you don’t - Love Actually
    7 - worst film - any Super Hero
    8 - a film that means something special to you e.g one you remember watching with your dad, a first date or something like that. Feel free to explain your answer! - Kes
    9 - film/character you relate to the most (e.g Jimmy Grimble!) - Bob Hoskins in the Long Good Friday, Gregory in Gregorys Girl
    10 - sexiest film (I’ll take sexiest scene) - Under the Skin
    11 - sub category of the above - troubling boner, worrying wide ons (his words not mine!). Somebody/something in a film you find sexy but probably shouldn’t. - Snow White
    12 - objectively the best film of all time. Not necessarily your favourite but if you had to explain what “film” was to someone which film would you show them - Citizen Kane
    13 - film that made you cry the most - Old Yeller (Disney) (The dog died)
    14 - film you’ve watched the most - The Godfather
    15 - favourite film - The Godfather
    16 - the film you’d take to the afterlife with you and show on your “movie night” to everyone. Doesn’t have to be your favourite but can be! - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

10. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Thats a damn fine collection if you don't mind me saying so. I do like your selection of foreign films.