Films to be buried with

16 - the film you’d take to the afterlife with you and show on your “movie night” to everyone. Doesn’t have to be your favourite but can be! - Duel

Good call. He made that for a bag of crisps, you know. The budget's just ridiculous.
Just one guy in a car, and a lorry, the driver of which you never see. That's it. All the skill is in the filmmaking.

1. First film you recall watching: The Old Dark House on telly. I'd be about 6/7, allowed to stay up. But I was too scared to go upstairs after!

2. Scariest film: The Exorcist.

3. Funniest film: Monty Python's Life Of Brian.

4. Film you liked but don't anymore: Sex, Lies & Videotape.

5. A film folk don't like but you love: Lifeforce.

6. A film most folk like but you don't: ET.

7. Worst film: Alien Origin. Do not watch this film. Ever.

8. A film that means something special: Digby The Biggest Dog In The World. First film at the 'pictures', Sale Odeon, 1973 I think.

9. Film/character you relate to most: Right now? Pike Bishop (Wild Bunch), a man out of time, the world is moving on as he goes riding off into his autumn...

10. Sexiest film scene: Sarandon and Deneuve in The Hunger.

11. Somebody/something in a film you find sexy but shouldn't: The dancing scene with Elizabeth Pena in Jacob's Ladder; it's like 'Yeh, baby' then abruptly 'whoa, no, that's not right!' Weird question.

12. Objectively the best film of all time: Citizen Kane.

13. The film that made you cry the most: Schindler's List. Lost it big time.

14. The film you've watched the most: No idea. Maybe The Thing (1982), or Blade Runner. Or...

15. Favourite film: Alien.

16. The film you'd take to the Afterlife: Field Of Dreams.

1 - first film you remember watching -Mary Poppins
2 - scariest film - The Shining
3 - funniest film - Grimsby
4 - film you used to like but don’t anymore - Airplane
5 - a film people don’t like but you love, or one you love that people don’t necessarily know -La Gloire de Mon Pêre
6 - a film most people like but you don’t - Four Weddings
7 - worst film - Mary Poppins 2
8 - a film that means something special to you e.g one you remember watching with your dad, a first date or something like that. Feel free to explain your answer! -Zulu
9 - film/character you relate to the most (e.g Jimmy Grimble!) - Walter Matteau in the Odd Couple comically grumpy
10 - sexiest film (I’ll take sexiest scene) - Secretary
11 - sub category of the above - troubling boner, worrying wide ons (his words not mine!). Somebody/something in a film you find sexy but probably shouldn’t. - no comment
12 - objectively the best film of all time. Not necessarily your favourite but if you had to explain what “film” was to someone which film would you show them - Cinema Paradiso
13 - film that made you cry the most - Sunshine on Leith (the first scene)
14 - film you’ve watched the most - Gladiator
15 - favourite film - Cyrano with Gerard Depardieu
16 - the film you’d take to the afterlife with you and show on your “movie night” to everyone. Doesn’t have to be your favourite but can be! - Cinema Paradiso (director's cut)

5 - a film people don’t like but you love, or one you love that people don’t necessarily know -La Gloire de Mon Pêre
8 - a film that means something special to you e.g one you remember watching with your dad, a first date or something like that. Feel free to explain your answer! -Zulu
9 - film/character you relate to the most (e.g Jimmy Grimble!) - Walter Matteau in the Odd Couple comically grumpy
11 - sub category of the above - troubling boner, worrying wide ons (his words not mine!). Somebody/something in a film you find sexy but probably shouldn’t. - no comment
12 - objectively the best film of all time. Not necessarily your favourite but if you had to explain what “film” was to someone which film would you show them - Cinema Paradiso
16 - the film you’d take to the afterlife with you and show on your “movie night” to everyone. Doesn’t have to be your favourite but can be! - Cinema Paradiso (director's cut)
Yes to Secretary, have you seen The Deuce? She’s still got it

@City Hobgoblin, like you, I detest Tom Cruise, and have very little time for any of his films, but give him a chance in Magnolia. He brings something to his performance that you almost never see (although it could be argued that he's playing himself, I suppose). I had somewhat more respect for him after seeing that. But then, it's a Paul Thomas Anderson film, and he is arguably the most interesting filmmaker currently working in Hollywood, and has been for quite some time.
Also, if you want a really good laugh at his expense, watch the Wired Autocomplete interview with Cruise (on Youtube), and then read the comments underneath. Usually, Youtube comments are junk, just trolling, ignorance and suchlike, but those ones take the piss mercilessly and relentlessly. People get on a roll, and it just gets funnier and funnier.
On another point: when have you seen a remake that is genuinely better than the original? It's pretty hard, isn't it? I can think of Scorsese's Cape Fear (I've got both on DVD: that is, the original as well with Robert Mitchum and Gregory Peck) and then, frankly, I'm struggling.

I tried watching Magnolia and couldn’t finish it, which is rare. Something about it really grated, and I remember seeing Cruise’s entrance doing the onstage guru thing and really hating it...
I also didn’t rate Boogie Nights, thought it was a good idea but poorly executed.

I’ll suggest the Kinski / Herzog/ Popol Vuh remake of Nosferatu as being worthy of consideration.

1 - first film you remember watching - The Sound of Music
3 - funniest film - Some like it Hot
4 - film you used to like but don’t anymore - Jaws
5 - a film people don’t like but you love, or one you love that people don’t necessarily know - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
6 - a film most people like but you don’t - Love Actually
7 - worst film - any Super Hero
8 - a film that means something special to you e.g one you remember watching with your dad, a first date or something like that. Feel free to explain your answer! - Kes
9 - film/character you relate to the most (e.g Jimmy Grimble!) - Bob Hoskins in the Long Good Friday, Gregory in Gregorys Girl
10 - sexiest film (I’ll take sexiest scene) - Under the Skin
11 - sub category of the above - troubling boner, worrying wide ons (his words not mine!). Somebody/something in a film you find sexy but probably shouldn’t. - Snow White
12 - objectively the best film of all time. Not necessarily your favourite but if you had to explain what “film” was to someone which film would you show them - Citizen Kane
13 - film that made you cry the most - Old Yeller (Disney) (The dog died)
14 - film you’ve watched the most - The Godfather
15 - favourite film - The Godfather
16 - the film you’d take to the afterlife with you and show on your “movie night” to everyone. Doesn’t have to be your favourite but can be! - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Thats a damn fine collection if you don't mind me saying so. I do like your selection of foreign films.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.