Final kick off time

birchvillablue said:
goater1978 said:
birchvillablue said:
Televised games cannot be shown at 3pm on a Saturday, so most likely 5:30 as previously posted.

So how did every fa cup final in history (apart from last year) kick off at 3pm on a Saturday?

Maybe my bad hangover from yesterday but wasn't FA cup final day always the last game of season, with no other games played that day?

As with our last final, the Champs League is being played at Wembley so they need time to prepare it hence it is not the last game of the season.

Pretty shit that its going to be a later kick off. You want to be playing the cup final in glorious sunshine.

Last train from Euston to Piccadily is 100% at 2100hrs.

I haven't checked trains to Warrington, Runcorn etc but I excpect similar times.

I believe someone has emailed virigin to see if there will be extra trains put on after this time (if they dont then I cant see how all the fans are going to get home unless they drive or go on the coach which really isn't ideal.

A 3pm kick off would be ideal but it isn't going to happen. As many know it will be between 1700-1730hrs,

Shafting football fans yet again.

Just checked train times - Last train to Warrington is 2031hrs....
Last train to Runcorn is 2011hrs....
Last train to Piccadily 2100hrs....

Absolutely no chance of getting these if its a 5-15-5.30 kick off with extra time IMO.

Lets hope Virgin put some extra trains on

It's 5.30pm.
It's showing as this on ITV and ESPN websites. They are showing it, so I guess they'd know.

Why was a new thread started?

blueian99 said:
takeabooson said:
it will be between 17.00-17.30 kick off the tv companies will see to this, screw the fans as usual, the last train back from euston is about 21.35 so we will be getting the coach down this time, really don't want to be stuck in london overnight

Unless they put on a special, last train from Euston is 21.00.

i stand corrected sir, you are 100% spot on, coach it is then

Blue Mist said:
birchvillablue said:
goater1978 said:
So how did every fa cup final in history (apart from last year) kick off at 3pm on a Saturday?

Maybe my bad hangover from yesterday but wasn't FA cup final day always the last game of season, with no other games played that day?

As with our last final, the Champs League is being played at Wembley so they need time to prepare it hence it is not the last game of the season.

League 1 and 2 playoffs being played at Wembley on 18/19 May. ECL Final 6 days later on 25th. Complete joke eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.