Finally....most fans have worked it out.

does anybody on here think ,mark hughes, the players and staff of MCFC give a flying fuck what we feel, they will all draw their big fucking saleries at the end of the month and do their shopping at Harrods harvey nicks and all the designer places and enjoy their their lifestyle and know that us lot will still be turning up to watch the shite they serve up, so we might as well just shut up cause it dont make a difference to them ,it just causes us more heartache

DontLookBackInAnger said:
tommcfc said:
i want him out but he should have gone weeks ago
we now have to keep him in during january or we will sign nobody

Not sure how much it matters, Cook is dealing with that side of things and if you look a number of clubs have fired and hired new managers in under a week(not least Forest!)

but a new manager would need to look at the team and draw up a transfer list etc etc which will waste time. we have to keep him at present as no-one will join a manger-less side

(As posted under another thread)

My personal views:

Hart - Stays. Needs experience. Doesn't command his box as he should and gives our woeful defence more to worry about. Needs an experienced 'keeper to learn his trade from.

Ball - Goes. Shite

Dunne - Stays. Needs a better CH alongside him to share the responsibility.

Micah - Stays. But relegated to the reserves to get his head sorted out and re-discover what its all about.

Zab - Stays. Great potential, drops some gaffs at the moment but you can see the product is there. Better coaching needed.

Gelson - Goes. Nothing like the quality we need. Reminds me of my old Jack Russell with a football.

Hamann - Goes. Too old, shame you cant graft Hamanns' head onto Gelsons body, there would be a decent footballer there.

SWP - Stays. Obviously.

Kompany - Stays. A classy player, wants it badly, it must be demoralising for him with some of the tripe on display yesterday.

Elano - Goes. He's not interested anymore. As my son pointed out, its like he is playing badly deliberately.

Sturridge - Stays. But please play him as CF, he has great close control and easily makes himself a yard in the box for a shot. Stop playing him on the wing where he is wasted.

Caicido - Stays. But needs time and patience to develop.

Vassell - Goes. Worse than Ball.

Jo - Stays, but loan him out. Not to Everton tho, send him to a Championship side where everyone is 6'9" and he can get used to playing in a physical environment.

Mark Hughes - Hmmm. Stays. I think he is shackled with the crap from previous regimes. I suspect his plan for this season is to get us into a EUFA slot again. I also suspect he is safe until the summer, and unless our second half of the season is nothing short of tremendous, he will be replaced by a special one in June.

simon23 said:
MH can be criticised for some things but he is getting the blame for everything from certain sections of the media and fans.....which is completely unfair.....you cannt legislate for two defenders in dunne and richards who have been [retty solid for the last couple of years suddenly playing like they have never kicked a football, players of hamman's experience throwing a ball straight to the opposition....and you certainly cannt blame him for vass, caceido, hamman, ball, evans, and various others not being good enough.....

Well you can blame him for some of that as far as I'm concerned. If a managers job isn't to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal it all seems a bit pointless.

But thats beside the point, I don't think anyone has said that the players are blameless, yet there are some that seem to think the manager is. Probably because he runs to the press every two seconds telling the world that it's all someone elses fault.

I think the unprecedented transfer speclatio has undermined fringe players at City.

For example we had Wayne Bridge on the video screen and pitch telling the interviewer that he came here to play regular football. And before the game I heard Cheeseman on GMR tellings us about Elano's interest in joining Lazio.

The existing squad is being undermined, and this is to an extent inevitable.

Some players like Ireland and Sturridge are responding positively to the challenge of new players, others are deteriorating

I thought Elano's performance yesterday was a disgrace. The team was set up for him yesterday with Fernandes and Kompany covering him. The minute SWP went off, he went into hiding.

I half expected what happened yesterday. This team is so fragile it is untrue, and the loss of SWP is a huge blow.

The post-match hostilities amongst City fans brought back memories of relegations past. City fans have to get behind the team, but it's very fiificult when you see some players put in such a gutless display. Hughes has to ensure that he selects players totally committed to the club. If that means playing some of the academy kids, then so be it.

I heard a lot of fans really having a go at Dunne and Richards yesterday, but for me they did OK. The game was lost in midfield where a key player just gave up, and players like Hamann and Fernandes limitations were exposed.

If I have a criticism of Hughes it is in playing Sturridge playing on the wing. Should be playing in or around the penalty area. f he was up front he'd get a lot less time on the ball, but he is our best finisher

Graeme Souness said:
Re the lack of Hughes out posts. Hopefully it's not the mods removing them, we've all realised that it is not all his fault.

Actually I think everyone just got bored repeating the bleeding obvious. I am just praying that we start climbing the table and then ditch Hughes in the summer when we have a top class manager lined up. Its getting to the point where I can't even be bothered to take the piss out of those who told me that Hughes would put some steel in the team and avoid those nasty cup shocks.

simon23 said:
moomba said:
Nothing is Hughes fault according to some. It was all someone else.

MH can be criticised for some things but he is getting the blame for everything from certain sections of the media and fans.....which is completely unfair.....you cannt legislate for two defenders in dunne and richards who have been [retty solid for the last couple of years suddenly playing like they have never kicked a football, players of hamman's experience throwing a ball straight to the opposition....and you certainly cannt blame him for vass, caceido, hamman, ball, evans, and various others not being good enough.....
In the aftermath of a defeat like that you have to question the manager.

But after looking at it, I think you have to accept that large elements of our squad are not good enough, and several players know they have no future at City and have given up

I don't think Dunne and Richards did much wrong yesterday. Dunne was one of the few players who tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Richards clearance unluckily fell straight into the path of Tyson who finished brilliantly

Richards distribution was poor, he kept wellying it, but the definciencies were in midfield. Forest scored two goals, some what fortunately, but we could not score against them.

Marvin said:
simon23 said:
In the aftermath of a defeat like that you have to question the manager.

But after looking at it, I think you have to accept that large elements of our squad are not good enough, and several players know they have no future at City and have given up

I don't think Dunne and Richards did much wrong yesterday. Dunne was one of the few players who tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Richards clearance unluckily fell straight into the path of Tyson who finished brilliantly

Richards distribution was poor, he kept wellying it, but the definciencies were in midfield. Forest scored two goals, some what fortunately, but we could not score against them.

You sure?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.