Finally we have a tactically astute manager

bugsyblue

Saw the danger early on and changed our formation. Also some great subs that helped the team greatly and limited the danger of wolves play in the early second half. Very impressed with Mancini today. Just need bridge back as left back position wa out weakest link today but garrido did a job when he came on.

Good loud singing from the boys today too!

I agree. Mancini was my man of the match today. 10/10. I'm not criticising Stevie Ireland, because he had to do a job out of position for the team, but he was unsure positionally, and Wolves got some joy down that flank. Hughes would have left things as they were and waited for Wolves to score. Mancini moves Zab over to right midfield to shore it up, bringing Garrido on in the process. It was a fantastic decision. Hughes only ever changed like for like. Mancini makes every subsition with TACTICS firmly in mind. The guy is incredibly impressive. Then, Petrov was getting tired and this could potentially have presented a breakthrough for Wolves, so he takes him off for Robinho and moves Bellamy to the left. Again, a quality substitution that helped us see out the game.

Also, our defending today was excellent, particularly from set pieces. We are proving that zonal marking works when done properly. And that's all done to Mancini and Kidd getting them organised.

I'm over the moon. This is fantastic stuff.

Saw it wasn't working so changed the system after 15 mins.
This fella is part of the team, he interacts with the game, a manager for the computer age !!

Agreed regarding his tactical acumen, but can we all draw a line under Mark HUghes FFS!!!

Personally I think he did a lot of good things, but lacked the tactical acumen, so lets move on!!

Once again the ability to change the game was there to see,

To be honest Ireland was innefective all night, i didn't mind him coming off, i've said for a few weeks Sylvinho has worried me and he has stuggled, the left side tonight was so strong and when garrido come on it got stronger, time to give Garrido a chance, mancini identified the weak spot and covered it up.

The teams work rate was unreal, even after 93 minutes we chased and chased, no one gave up.

Every man in this team is playing for mancini 100%

Great result against a team of thugs, bringing Garrido on was a masterstroke. Loved the (Yes Stream) commentators giving Robbie a hard time, counting touches, until he set up Tevez at which point they inexplicably stopped -wankers.

Thought Hughes was treated badly, but he got a good pay-off and we got a class act so it's a win-win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.