Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's affecting us every day, unfortunately.

The margins are such, transfers, contracts, the manager's long term prospects, all interlinked.

The irony being, it's most welcome to a large degree for our owner and Khaldoon.

Sure, they would love to be afforded the luxury of dropping an extra £100m as and when the time is required, but if they had their way, a salary cap would suit them just fine.

We've had our momentum reduced, the rules are serving its purpose. UEFA thought we wished to dominate.

They underestimate this club and our owners, we just want to be allowed to compete.

After all, what's the point of sport if it is not a competition?
Great comment. What most City fans want is a flat pitch. With our resources now we can compete fairly with clubs like Chelsea and United. United have had a 15-year monopoly driven by the fact that their revenues are five times higher than any of their rivals. We had to invest heavily just to get to the top table. FFP is designed to try and maintain the corrupt monopoly for those clubs that have worked the system. Clubs like United can bleat on as much as they like about sustainability but everyone knows that their huge revenues have been fuelled by selling merchandise in Asia and backed by huge debt from US banks. There's nothing wrong with selling shirts but what I can't accept are the double standards. Their money is no better than ours.

The biggest problem moving forwards will be the development of ALL clubs not just the likes of City.

Wolves and Boro were minutes from disappearing forever not because of huge spending on players but because they had a diminishing income in the dark days of football in the 70's and 80's.

Both clubs were saved by wealthy individuals and have modern stadiums and facilities because of money spent that most definitely wasnt earned.

I see no down side to that sugar daddy approach TBH.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's affecting us every day, unfortunately.

The margins are such, transfers, contracts, the manager's long term prospects, all interlinked.

The irony being, it's most welcome to a large degree for our owner and Khaldoon.

Sure, they would love to be afforded the luxury of dropping an extra £100m as and when the time is required, but if they had their way, a salary cap would suit them just fine.

We've had our momentum reduced, the rules are serving its purpose. UEFA thought we wished to dominate.

They underestimate this club and our owners, we just want to be allowed to compete.

After all, what's the point of sport if it is not a competition?

No point at all but it's not City that need to understand that, is it?

Ultimately, it boils down to keeping the elite, ELITE and keeping the new teams, the new wealths and the ambitious away from the ELITE... oh and no dodgy owners. Businesses are football and football clubs are businesses, lost make losses and the EU isn't exactly a stable place for finances. Buy local.

Of course it will effect us simply because there making us spend less on players and If you had a team

For example Swansea and they got bought by a billionaire (Just made up) and they want to spend the money getting big players like Falcao, Cavani etc etc they wont be able to do that because of them stupid money laws

Fair enough if gives other teams a chance but It will mean that scum will win more trophies because they made a lot of money over the years while you have Swansea (Who have been taken over by the billionaires still just a example) who cant buy players because they risk penalties meaning relegation or being thrown out the champions league if they dont keep the books straight

Stupid laws dont agree to them it will mean clubs looking to try and win the premier league will stay being a mid table or relegation contender

Should have brought that rule when premier league was created but damage is already done

The thing is, once the leisure destination and all the other proposals associated with the land around the stadium are up and running, FFPR will be a distant memory. "Oh how we were worried at the time."

No other club in England, especially England, let alone Europe, has similar plans. It will be a game changer.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:43 pm --<br /><br />BTW.

Had we not pissed the money on Rodwell, Garcia, and Sinclair, and upped it by £5mill, we could have tested Everton's resolve with a £30+ mill bid for Fellaini. I'm sure they would have been tempted

Make no mistake, City spent mony, but they wasted it.(in my opinion)

EricBrooksGhost said:
Cobwebcat said:
You know the only thing I still don't understand is why, given that the Etihad deal cannot be challenged as a related party and hence FMV, why did we not pay ourselves a lot more money and buy the best players we could get last transfer window? I take it this is what PSG has done.
This has been covered earlier in the thread. They are not classed as a related party under accounting rules and UEFA mimic these for their definition. As PB has stated the auditors of the accounts would have pulled us up under FRS8 way before the campus deal due to earlier sponsorships .

Yeah you've misunderstood my question there I know all that.

If I had a go at answering my own question it's that the deal is fluid and will increase greatly to match PSG. I could be wrong though.

Cobwebcat said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
Cobwebcat said:
You know the only thing I still don't understand is why, given that the Etihad deal cannot be challenged as a related party and hence FMV, why did we not pay ourselves a lot more money and buy the best players we could get last transfer window? I take it this is what PSG has done.
This has been covered earlier in the thread. They are not classed as a related party under accounting rules and UEFA mimic these for their definition. As PB has stated the auditors of the accounts would have pulled us up under FRS8 way before the campus deal due to earlier sponsorships .

If I had a go at answering my own question it's that the deal is fluid and will increase greatly to match PSG. I could be wrong though.
I should learn to read is what you mean, i agree :grin: . I keep seeing blah blah related party blah blah and just jump in.

jrb said:
The thing is, once the leisure destination and all the other proposals associated with the land around the stadium are up and running, FFPR will be a distant memory. "Oh how we were worried at the time."

No other club in England, especially England, let alone Europe, has similar plans. It will be a game changer.

-- Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:43 pm --

BTW.

Had we not pissed the money on Rodwell, Garcia, and Sinclair, and upped it by £5mill, we could have tested Everton's resolve with a £30+ mill bid for Fellaini. I'm sure they would have been tempted

Make no mistake, City spent mony, but they wasted it.(in my opinion)

I hear where you are coming from and I probably don't disagree, but I hope we will see much better things from our signings. Nastastich (can't be arsed looking up the spelling) has been great though.

But the really really really stupid thing is going out and buying players who - demonstrably - the manager did not agree to. What happens then is the manager just doesn't play them, and the money really is wasted. I cannot remotely imagine Mancini said Sinclair was a player he was after, or he would play him occassionally.

EricBrooksGhost said:
Cobwebcat said:
EricBrooksGhost said:

I should learn to read is what you mean, i agree :grin: . I keep seeing blah blah related party blah blah and just jump in.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.