Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

Pam said:
Chippy_boy said:
The thing that everyone seems to be neglecting to consider is this:

This is not a "opening of sealed tenders at noon" type of test, with no dialogue allowed before or after.

Don't you think our CFO and others will have been on the phone to (or will have met) UEFA to discuss this and to seek guidance on how we are doing and what we will need to do to get through?

I find it inconceivable that we would just be carrying willy-nilly in the blind hope that everything will be OK, when all we have to do is pick up the phone and ask.

I am not suggesting surprises never happen, but it would be an ENORMOUS bollock dropped if we somehow managed to get barred. Enormous cock ups is old City, not Khaldoon City. I do not expect it for 1/10th of a nanosecond.

It wouldn't work to ask Uefa about FFP. They are too thick to see past the main concept.
City have been talking to UEFA on FFP for a while, which is sensible when you're likely to be the focus of attention. I believe we've also taken part, with a few other clubs, in a 'dry-run' of some sort.

bluefoever said:
The other important thing is that Platini's son is PSG lawyer. End of it.

It will be interesting to see what will happen when Hollande eventually gets the 75% tax rate passed. PSG's salary costs will rocket.

Pam said:
Chippy_boy said:
The thing that everyone seems to be neglecting to consider is this:

This is not a "opening of sealed tenders at noon" type of test, with no dialogue allowed before or after.

Don't you think our CFO and others will have been on the phone to (or will have met) UEFA to discuss this and to seek guidance on how we are doing and what we will need to do to get through?

I find it inconceivable that we would just be carrying willy-nilly in the blind hope that everything will be OK, when all we have to do is pick up the phone and ask.

I am not suggesting surprises never happen, but it would be an ENORMOUS bollock dropped if we somehow managed to get barred. Enormous cock ups is old City, not Khaldoon City. I do not expect it for 1/10th of a nanosecond.

It wouldn't work to ask Uefa about FFP. They are too thick to see past the main concept.

I am not entirely sure if this is a serious comment Pam? Or an attempted joke?

Assuming the former, of course it is UEFA's rules and UEFA who will decide on whether to grant licenses or not. It is entirely reasonable to discuss things with them and to seek their guidance as to what is likely to be looked upon favourably or unfavourably. They will have to understand it enough to make decisions.

Even if it does affect us, are we not looking at written warnings, fines, and squad penalties (being allowed to name 1 or 2 fewer players) for several years? Or did they change the punishment system?

cibaman said:
bluefoever said:

It will be interesting to see what will happen when Hollande eventually gets the 75% tax rate passed. PSG's salary costs will rocket.

Offshore parent company ?

LoveCity said:
Even if it does affect us, are we not looking at written warnings, fines, and squad penalties (being allowed to name 1 or 2 fewer players) for several years? Or did they change the punishment system?

Have they even introduced a punishment system yet?<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:21 pm --<br /><br />
Hamann Pineapple said:
cibaman said:
bluefoever said:

Offshore parent company ?

Wont they have that covered already?

Even if they ban us from Europe,it will hardly concern us as long as Mancini is in charge so i say go for it......!!

cibaman said:
LoveCity said:

Have they even introduced a punishment system yet?

Well this is what financialfairplay.co.uk claims is the punishment system (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/uefa-publishes-their-8-punishments-for-breaching-ffp-rules" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/late ... -ffp-rules</a>). I've been asking on here for a while about this without much joy, but if this is true it seems to me we CAN breach FFP for a number of years without any catastrophic results.

1. Reprimand / Warning
2. Fine
3. Deduction of Points
4. Withholding of Revenue from UEFA competition
5. Prohibition to register new players for UEFA competitions;
6. A restriction on the number of players that a club may register for UEFA competitions
7. Disqualification from a competition in progress
8. Exclusion from future competitions

cleaner475 said:
Quite a lot of this 'everything will be all right' theory is wrong. First of all, losses for the 2012-13 season are actually expected to increase from £97.9M after this summer's transfer activity.

Last season the club also received £12.8m from selling 'certain Design, Know-How and other Intellectual Property Rights to Abu Dhabi United Group and Investment & Development Limited'. Unless the club can justify this figure it is likely to be discounted from FFP due to the rule on ‘Related Party’ transactions.

With losses set to rise the club will also be unable to discount the £80M (or £52.5M of wages depending on who you believe) from FFP as that is only possible if the club's losses are reducing over time.

Essentially if City report an increased loss this year, they will fail FFP by around £148M.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/...s-2011-12-accounts-the-devil-is-in-the-detail
Your tears taste delicious.

It's fucked us over hasn't it. Otherwise we would have seen some proper signings in summer on the back of our title win (richest owner in world football, league champions, and we buy... Sinclair, Maicon, Rodwell, Richard Wright!?) if it wasn't for this FFP bullshit we'd surely have got De Rossi, Thiago Silva and RvP and have the title virtually in the bag already! Absolutely gutted, I wish we could either fuck it off and call Platini's bluff or get the best lawyers available to blow it away somehow. Platini has pretty much handed the rags about 5 more titles that we should be winning. The twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.