Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial figures appear to be somewhat late.

Stoned Rose said:
Skashion said:
Stoned Rose said:
So Chelsea made a 49m loss but last year made a 1.4m profit?

How does this swing away from breaking-even / making profit mean they are complying with FFPR?

Anyone?
I think even UEFA reach the limits of hypocrisy if they condemn a club for winning one of their competitions.

Doesn't address my question this though does it?

The 11/12 profit was helped by a one off £18m profit on something to do with their digital media operation. They also suffered a big reduction in CL prize money in 12/13 compared to 11/12.

For me the eye-catching thing is that, in the current climate, Chelsea's turnover has increased only £0.1M - pitiful even taking into account the earlier CL win. Note they dont quote last year's figure in the report you have to search for it.

This is utterly shambolic and I bet Roman has Gourlay in a dark room by the nuts!

City are about to go steaming past him in revenue terms and it must be very frustrating for the silent one. Shame.

Can't wait to see ours.

cibaman said:
Stoned Rose said:
Skashion said:
I think even UEFA reach the limits of hypocrisy if they condemn a club for winning one of their competitions.

The 11/12 profit was helped by a one off £18m profit on something to do with their digital media operation. They also suffered a big reduction in CL prize money in 12/13 compared to 11/12.

something to do with a joint venture with sky. Murky as fuck.

cibaman said:
Stoned Rose said:
Skashion said:

How on earth does a club make a £20m(ish) profit on digital media? Digital media is not a big-revenues business for clubs :/

Falastur said:
cibaman said:
Stoned Rose said:

How on earth does a club make a £20m(ish) profit on digital media? Digital media is not a big-revenues business for clubs :/
How come Rics got a private jet then?

andyhinch said:
Falastur said:
cibaman said:

How come Rics got a private jet then?
Not strictly true.

He shares it with Rascal.

if Chelsea were alright with similar revenue and wage costs in a season where they splashed out big on Oscar hazard azpilicueta et all and we stayed quiet we'll be fine, slightly less reason to be worried now imo.
happy new year blues!

I think they're probably press managing this.

When they release the accounts, we're going to get a lot of wrong press stating that we have failed FFP. I can't see any way that we can turn a +£50m profit from a -£97m loss last year which we would need to do to comply.

The first Monitoring Period of FFP is only 2 years long rather than the 3 years of the ones after. The acceptable deviation over those 2 years is around -£38m. Last year we lost -£97m.

There are two things working in our favour somewhat. Firstly, this Monitoring Period allows us to discount any wages of contracts signed before June 2010 which was a hefty chunk of our wage budget from last year. Secondly, UEFA state that those clubs who are moving towards profitability, even if they fail the initial test, will be looked favourably upon.

The key here is the wage exemption. If we only lose £20m-£50m this year then the total loss for the Monitoring Period will be around -£120m-£150m but some of that expenditure isn't included in FFP and can be cut out.

The question is whether we can cut enough out of it to get to -£38m. I personally don't think we'll be able so we have to hope for UEFA to be true to their word about movement towards profitability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.