Finley Gorman

Yet it appears we will be less homegrown going forward compared to last 3/4 years. I remember Paul Power rightly talking about the importance of home grown local lads, and looking at Foden, Lewis, Palmer, McAtee, Doyle, THB etc he was right. How many of those signed in recently for big money at 14/15/16 have gone on to succeed at PL or Championship level. Beyond Oscar Bobb I’m struggling for real positive examples?

Hope they don’t change focus, if it’s not broken don’t try to fix it as they say
Brexit, basically.

We can’t buy players under 18 now from the EU or South America, so British talent costs more, but our academy’s reputation means we can tempt them here, but costing us more.

It's already happening, it usually happens well before it's newsworthy, for instance Kian Noble, Alfie Harrison, Matty Henderson-Hall, Isaiah Dada-Mascoll, Jahmai Simpson-Pusey are all from Yorkshire and were likely poached from small age group teams and therefore did not make headlines when we poached them, would you consider them local or in the same category as Finlay Gorman?
3 categories for me 1. Homegrown and born Manc 2. Bought in young from surrounding area so still essentially homegrown, 3. Bought in at later age which for me can’t be classed as home grown. Categories 1 & 2 are schooled in City style of play from little lads and soaked in City identity.

I think he's only just back fit. Had a stress fracture in his back when he joined.

Some interesting players in that group with Midwood, Noubissie and Gorman who were all signed from elsewhere.

Been a lot of stress fractures of the back in youth football. Max Alleyne was another example,apparently Charlie Gray in u18 missed almost 2 years between 14-16 with stress fracture of back. Whilst both have got back fully fit you often find lots of minor injuries follow due to time missed and body adjusting to the stress of full time football. I believe that has happened with Gorman, also so just have to be patient with him. And hear really good things about his ability

Playing for citu in Amsterdam now
I was told he was struggling with bits of injury coming back, so much for my source hey.

Have to watch they don’t flog him though, young growing lads coming back from injury need managing. Something they do very well by all accounts

Been a lot of stress fractures of the back in youth football. Max Alleyne was another example,apparently Charlie Gray in u18 missed almost 2 years between 14-16 with stress fracture of back. Whilst both have got back fully fit you often find lots of minor injuries follow due to time missed and body adjusting to the stress of full time football. I believe that has happened with Gorman, also so just have to be patient with him. And hear really good things about his ability
Didn't Liam Delap have the same before he joined us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.