First record you ever bought?

Answered the single on this thread in 2016 (Telegram Sam). First album was also T.Rex: Bolan Boogie (a compilation issued when he left Fly Records for EMI / Hot Wax.

First album proper would also have been T.Rex; not 100% sure but I think I bought The Slider before getting Electric Warrior.

Great taste in music my friend

Reactions: OB1
First record- The Police - Regatta de Blanc
First single - Slade - We’ll Bring The House Down
First tape - The Beatles - Live At The Hollywood Bowl (and a couple of TDK C-90s for the Top 40).

Reactions: OB1
First single was "Hole in my shoe" by Neil from The Young Ones! I love the Traffic version but as a kid me and my brother loved this!

First album was Soul II Soul Club Classivs Vol 1. Great album still.

Very suspicious of this , suspect there may be some selective memories posting first record people want to admit to owning. My first record I remember owning was Two little boys. The first record I bought that I still play would be Sweet Blockbuster single and biggest hits album both in 1972

Answered the single on this thread in 2016 (Telegram Sam). First album was also T.Rex: Bolan Boogie (a compilation issued when he left Fly Records for EMI / Hot Wax.

First album proper would also have been T.Rex; not 100% sure but I think I bought The Slider before getting Electric Warrior.

As cringingly revealed 4 years ago on here the first single I bought was “Remember” by the Bay City Rollers. I was only 9 to be fair! I can also remember buying Abba’s “S.O.S” and “Goodbye my love” by the Glitter Band from around the same time though. First album (with my own money, as opposed to birthday presents from relatives, etc) would have been a bit later. I know I bought “Please please me” by The Beatles, “Bat out of hell” by Meatloaf, “Parallel Lines” by Blondie and “Never mind the bollocks” by the Sex Pistols all at around the same time (1978).....

First single - Ever fallen in love, The Buzzcocks
First album - All the world's a stage, Rush.

Both bought in 1979 when I was 7.

First put some of my own money to

Motorhead - Ace of Spades
AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie (live)

From Dawson's, Warrington (now, sadly closed)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.