First Trip to Etihad!

In before the the thread descends in to a list of literally everything you shouldn’t do during your visit, veiled as genuine suggestions.
Hey Sebastian! Any recommendations? So far I've heard South Stand Block 115 is great for the atmosphere. Can you attest to that as well!?

You'll need to get your seating sorted well in advance, as finding 4 seats together could be a challenge.
This is my biggest concern as I've heard tickets are hard to come by, especially together. The others can find theirs to be honest, as long as I can get two together that would suffice. I am targeting September 23rd's home game against Nottm Forest. Is that too soon you think? Should I be looking for games later in the year to give myself better options?

Enjoy your trip.

The National Football Museum is worth a visit if you're in Manchester City Centre. .

As for gift shops, the museum is within walking distance of the Arndale Centre, where I believe a new City shop recently opened. The club shop at the stadium is always mobbed on matchday and best avoided unless you really want something and are on a tight schedule. Who wants to be carrying shopping bags at a match anyway?
One tip I will give you is to remember to buy a few extra pin badges. They're relatively cheap but I guarantee you'll bump into some football-mad kid back home and a gift of one of those will make his day.

Pick a time to come over when you can either get a few games in or when you can get the game you want in.
So, I told a buddy of mine I wanted to go March 2nd. There's probably not a single game I'd rather be at than that one. His response was to give up the dream that there was no way I was getting tickets to a Derby lol. So I've since settled on September 23rd vs Nottm Forest

If you can't get tickets in block 115 specifically any of the blocks in the lower tier of the South stand the corner of the lower south/east stand will have a good atmosphere. Look out for where it says 'safe standing' when buying.
I will definitely be targeting that area and be sure to look out for "Safe Standing" thanks again.

Enjoy your trip.

The National Football Museum is worth a visit if you're in Manchester City Centre. .

As for gift shops, the museum is within walking distance of the Arndale Centre, where I believe a new City shop recently opened. The club shop at the stadium is always mobbed on matchday and best avoided unless you really want something and are on a tight schedule. Who wants to be carrying shopping bags at a match anyway?
One tip I will give you is to remember to buy a few extra pin badges. They're relatively cheap but I guarantee you'll bump into some football-mad kid back home and a gift of one of those will make his day.
You see! This is why I came here. Thanks so much for the message, I will take it all into account and be sure to visit the museum as well as stocking up on some Pin Badges! Take care!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.