First Trip to Etihad!

4 tickets together will be hard to come by, all tickets go on sale at the beginning of the season so most are snapped up.
My sister comes up from Wales for the odd game so 4-5 of us go for Legend’s hospitality - for a bang average game (C Palace it’s around £160.00 per person)
Or become a teacher for a primary school in Scotland and you’ll receive about 20 tickets at the front of the Family Stand :-)

If each person buys a Cityzens matchday membership (£35) you will have a good chance of getting 4 for Forest when they go on sale. Depending on your dates you may even be here for a Champions league home match on the 19/20th

Would you all agree it's close to impossible to get 4 tickets to the Derby on March 2nd? Also would going against a team like Nottm Forest be any less of an experience? I know for sure I'm going to enjoy myself regardless, especially with a win. But I'd like for the stadium to be packed out.

Do you belong to a local OSC, because that's the best avenue to get match tickets.
I do not. I'll be totally honest, I don't even know what that is (please dont laugh) haha. I have tried finding tickets online and it has been a struggle. That is one of the main reasons I came to the forum. Was to get help with purchasing tickets.

EFL round 3 the week after so the game and after CL so will remain Sat or Sun.

No chance of buying normal tickets for bigger games without 5 games each this season.

4 tickets together will be hard to come by, all tickets go on sale at the beginning of the season so most are snapped up.
My sister comes up from Wales for the odd game so 4-5 of us go for Legend’s hospitality - for a bang average game (C Palace it’s around £160.00 per person)
Or become a teacher for a primary school in Scotland and you’ll receive about 20 tickets at the front of the Family Stand :-)
haha wow teachers have it made! If I can just get my hands on 2 tickets that would be enough. Thats really all I'm looking for at this point. Would you consider the match against N Forest in September about the same price range?

EFL round 3 the week after so the game and after CL so will remain Sat or Sun.

No chance of buying normal tickets for bigger games without 5 games each this season.
Wow, that's a punch to the gut. I really want to experience this. I've waited too long, and too determined this season. It has to happen lol!

Hey Sebastian! Any recommendations? So far I've heard South Stand Block 115 is great for the atmosphere. Can you attest to that as well!?
Take the CFA campus and stadium tour prior to the match, it is genuinely good.

Book accommodations well away from the stadium and explore the City without a structured plan at least one day you are there. This applies to nearly every city, but the best experiences on your travels are usually accidental discoveries.

But stay away from Chinatown at night and Piccadilly Gardens basically any time.

As much as we complain about the trams, make use of them whilst you are visiting. They are still much better than most public transport in the US (I’ve sampled transport in NYC, Boston, DC, Chicago, Charlotte, Seattle, and LA, so I can say that with confidence).

Go to Mary D’s for exactly one pint. Once you’ve finished it, leave and never go back.

Pick up your City gear in the Arndale not the club shop by the stadium, as the latter is jammed on match days.

Check out Evelyn’s for none football-related eating, especially if anyone in your group has dietary restrictions. My missus has many restrictions and it remains one of the best (few) places I could take her for a meal. Great staff and the owners are sound, as well.

City Arms is a decent place for a pint, as is The Millstone.

There are some interesting things to see and shopping in NQ, but I would suggest only walking round there during the day.

Not sure how long you are there, and your other interests, but we have some interesting architecture these days if you are in to archphotoging, and I personally think the National Football Museum, People’s History Museum, and Science & Industry Museum are all great visits.

Hard to give advice about getting tickets as that largely depends on the match. I will say it will be exceedingly difficult to gets any tickets for a decent price for big games. Your best bet there may be via hospitality packages.

Otherwise, it’ll need to be a lesser game and you’ll still need to buy it earlier. 4 tickets together will still be a challenge, though.
I reckon even more so this next season for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.