First Trip to Etihad!

Hello to all!

I wanted to join this Forum because I'm planning a trip to Manchester for my first game at Etihad this upcoming season and wanted a very authentic and genuine experience.

My goal is to meet people here who can direct me and advise what places I should visit on my trip for the real Manchester City experience. Fan clubs, pubs, gift shops etc. What are the best sections to sit in? Pretty much all things City.

I've never purchased tickets to a game outside of the US, so if there is anything I need to look out for I'd appreciate the heads up. I know in England many like to make fun of Americans for being "fake soccer" fans, but I love football and more importantly I love Man City.

I look forward to maybe even meeting a few of you and having a beer when I'm in town. Take care everyone, and thanks in advance for any help with this.
I am planning to travel from Minneapolis too this year . How are you planning to get tickets ?

I guess that's next, learning the lingo. You see I'm a big Hockey fan and my team is the NY Rangers. So when I hear someone call me a Rags fan it usually means war. But I know you great people of Manchester are not into insults. You're all fantastic human beings so, no way I'll get any of those thrown my way :)
we actually have a ice hockey team too, but they play in Altrincham and are called Manchester Storm and its the top league of UK ice hockey but its nothing like Madison Square Garden or the standard of NHL

Heading over with a 14 year old boy. Have tickets secured for Newcastle game in the nosebleeds. Just curious if anyone has an ideas on trying to get a glimpse of any players before or after the game.

Have hung around after games before only for the coaches etc to rush past without even slowing down.

Doing the stadium and academy tour on the Friday.

Thanks

Heading over with a 14 year old boy. Have tickets secured for Newcastle game in the nosebleeds. Just curious if anyone has an ideas on trying to get a glimpse of any players before or after the game.

Have hung around after games before only for the coaches etc to rush past without even slowing down.

Thanks
main entrance before game Colin Bell side?

Thanks
Make sure that you get there when the team coach arrives. I think outside the Colin Bell stand. So be there an hour or so before the match starts. There will be a big crowd but you should be able to see the players get off the bus and walk into the stadium. I did it with my lad last March when I was over. Great fun. Enjoy!

Would you need to be getting there at a certain time or just wait around.
Its an 8pm game - so do they arrive at a certain time?
general-view-of-an-entrance-to-the-colin-bell-stand-at-the-city-of-GCT81J.jpg

It's on the western side of the stadium, and is the entrance used by the players. Aim to be there around 90 minutes or so before the kick off; there'll be quite a few knocking around, but you should be able to see the players as they get off the coach. Enjoy it, it'll be slightly different to Markievicz Park!

If you want to be at the front I would advise at least 2 hrs before.I imagine it will be busy as first home game of season. The coach arrives 90 mins b4 and within 10 mins they are in the stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.