Fitness and Injuries

cityfan41 said:
Made me wince looking at that training video. I'd be well and truly
fucked having to go through that every day. The players must be
thinking ffs, this new guys going to push us, which is exactly what
they needed after last season.

well, if Pellegrini´s system work well into this season the rivals of City will be the ones running after the ball most of the matches, and this will also provides some rest to City players allowing them the keep their energies during the matches and then the full season, the big effort will be done at the moment to recover the ball.

You won´t see direct football, but most of one controlling the ball to create spaces and then try to score. At the beginning the system could be seen slow and rusty but once the players get adapted to the system you will enjoy a lot.

They are really being put through their paces out in South Africa. I have high expectations for next season.

stan bowles said:
Watching City in South Africa : Training Day 2 on the Club's website today they showed 3 training sessions that took place yesterday. The players looked to be working hard under MP. I always thought we weren't fit enough under Mancini...you rarely saw the players really working hard on fitness in their training on the club vids. This is backed up by what Tevez has said comparing training at Juve being harder there compared to City.

He's (Tevez) got a fucking cheek. He was the first complaining when Mancini wanted to introduce double training sessions.

gman07 said:
Stoned Rose said:
We weren't well conditioned last season.

It really showed in away games where we were pressed and harried. We crumbled under the physicality of it.

It was wierd because the season before we were fit as fiddles.
Not really weird if you take in that the season before we had a full Preseason with all the players getting the essential done... last summer we had a world cup and most players was knackered from that and didnt get enough rest before the new season... its the same this year... we will have a full preseason except for silva and navas... the rest of the players will all be well prepared after enough rest

World cup didn't seem to effect other top prem teams players though bud.

Simple fact was we just weren't working hard enough on our fitness under the previous management team last season.

A lot of its luck. We had it in 11/12, not last year. Started off with Aguero's injury in the opening game. That could have happened in any game, had nothing to do with the fitness regime. Ditto Richards injury was just bad luck.

It would certainly help if it was better than last year, felt like every game there was a new injury concern. Hopefully we can get our fitness up to as players seemed to get tired very easily while teams like Chelsea for example had so many matches to play and coped fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.