Fitness Help.

staffs_blue

I've decided I need to get back in shape so need some advice from anyone in the know!

I've recently put on a bit of weight, so I want to lose it.I'm about 13 1/2 stone and wanna get back down to about 12 stone,maybe slightly under.(i'm 5ft 9'').

Obviously I know to burn calories and lose weight I need to do cardio,but I also wanna start weight training again(I got quite ripped about 5-6 years ago and want to get back to that).

Should I hammer the cardio for a few months and get down to around 11 1/2 to 12 stone then introduce a weight/resistance program or should I combine the 2 now?

Run. Cardio all the way with a bit of press ups and sit ups, pull ups on days you don't run. That way you'll look like me in a couple of weeks and you'll be batting them off.

I was in the same boat.

I joined a gym and they put together a programme.

It's working really well. Oh and buy yourself a heart rate monitor that you can download your sessions and you can see you improvements. I got a garmin one they are tops.

Stanley said:
I was in the same boat.

I joined a gym and they put together a programme.

It's working really well. Oh and buy yourself a heart rate monitor that you can download your sessions and you can see you improvements. I got a garmin one they are tops.

I did look at buying a garmin forerunner but i'm a tight arse so i just use mapmyrun.com instead ;o)

Oh yeah don't bother with a gym. Just do what you wanna do, when you wanna do it. I paid £35 a month but ended up getting back into playing footy 3 times a week and got some dumb bells and a bar bell. Job is a good one. Set you back about a tonne but ultimately costs less.

A Fitness coach said one time,The Best Excersise in the world to lose weight is "The Two hands push"

Away from the table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.