Fixtures 2010/11 Release Date

Ian said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
The odds of starting away and finishing away again next season?

At least we have a chance this season. The Champions always have a home game first, and that means the Rags are not guaranteed to be at home first game. And due to the amount of times they have been at home first game, surely its our turn!
That I believe is a myth there is no Champions home first game of the season(Chelsea played Liverpool away a few years back opening game).<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:04 pm --<br /><br />
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The odds of starting away and finishing away again next season?

100 to one on.
still worth a small wager.

Ian said:
At least we have a chance this season. The Champions always have a home game first, and that means the Rags are not guaranteed to be at home first game. And due to the amount of times they have been at home first game, surely its our turn!
That I believe is a myth there is no Champions home first game of the season(Chelsea played Liverpool away a few years back opening game).

-- Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:04 pm --

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
100 to one on.

the champions do play at home. its been like that 5/6 years now

dw7 said:
That I believe is a myth there is no Champions home first game of the season(Chelsea played Liverpool away a few years back opening game).

-- Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:04 pm --

Im not saying that they haven't opened at home(although Chelsea have opened away), but there is no rule to say that is the case.

I don't think it is a set rule though, why would they do that? Seems unfair to me guaranteeing the Champions a home game, fixtures are supposed to be random.

i can see our first four games now:

Blue dippers A

Chelsea H

Spuds A

Rags H

Nice easy start.........

dw7 said:
Im not saying that they haven't opened at home(although Chelsea have opened away), but there is no rule to say that is the case.

the day befor the fixtures came out last season there was a big artical on the bbc web page how the fixtures were decided very good read tbh some interesting and strange stuff in it and it said the champions start at home and was it not wigan chelsea played away to and not liverpool this been the last time the champions played away 5 seasons ago

dw7 said:

the day befor the fixtures came out last season there was a big artical on the bbc web page how the fixtures were decided very good read tbh some interesting and strange stuff in it and it said the champions start at home and was it not wigan chelsea played away to and not liverpool this been the last time the champions played away 5 seasons ago
Your right that was Wigan's first game in the top flight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.