Fixtures 2017/18 (Brighton (A) First game)

Getting to the stage where when the fixtures come out your left scratching your head and wondering how actually random is all this,for instance we start away from home (no problem) but then we finish the season away as well surely we should be at home,how come some teams start home and finish home surely that can't be right,also heard on the radio earlier that Spurs have had 7 away fixtures in a row as first game of season that's a disgrace if true and just shows that there's nothing random about them at all,but manipulated to help certain teams..

Disappointed and annoyed that we're away both first and last, as well as Boxing Day, for the second season in a row.

I bet Brighton supporters are delighted that they will have such an early chance to see our great players.

Getting to the stage where when the fixtures come out your left scratching your head and wondering how actually random is all this,for instance we start away from home (no problem) but then we finish the season away as well surely we should be at home,how come some teams start home and finish home surely that can't be right,also heard on the radio earlier that Spurs have had 7 away fixtures in a row as first game of season that's a disgrace if true and just shows that there's nothing random about them at all,but manipulated to help certain teams..
sounds like us in the fa cup

City started and ended last season with home fixtures. It is in the nature of randomness that seemingly non random stuff happens. We all remember when Apple announced that they had made the shuffle function on their iPods less random so it would feel more random. They did that after customers complained that some songs from their collections appeared more often than others. That's just how random works.

Oops, apologies. Looked at the West Brom game and thought it was the last. Poor old Watford. How could I forget them. :) Point still stands I think. Random means strange stuff happens.

Last edited:
Disappointed and annoyed that we're away both first and last, as well as Boxing Day, for the second season in a row.

I bet Brighton supporters are delighted that they will have such an early chance to see our great players.
This is bitter sweet for me as a close mate of mine drowned about 5 yrs ago and he was a season ticket holder and big seagulls fan,we used to joke about them getting promoted and playing us,i'm so gutted he is not here to see this

They will give us a real game,lets hope our good away form continues where it left off

Well of course it's not random. Various teams around the country cannot play at home at the same time (us and rags for example). Can't arrange it to be like that if it's totally random! It's meticulously planned, and the people involved in that process are bound to have their own agendas.

Media have their headlines written for the opening day already. We just have to be too good this session for them to be able to stop us. See United have an easy start to get them in the hunt again, just the typical manipulation.
Are you going to be like this again next season?

Spurs have had 6. In 2011 their first home game was supposed to have been on the first day but it was postponed due to the Tottenham riots. It meant their first home game was against city.
What is odd is that they're due to be at home on the 26th August, the same day as the RL challenge cup final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.