Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of, it’s still classed as that but the FA don’t have full powers over the League, they have representation on the board but they’re all thick as thieves, I wouldn’t know exactly what they’re allowed to manipulate!
The FA have zero influence in almost everything the PL does. The legal name reflected the set up in 1992.

I’m guessing they’ll be waiting until the outcome of the rags EL game tonight as that will determine the possible dates when their game against Chelsea (originally scheduled for this weekend) can be played.
Sky will have a big say as they have both that game and our visit to Brighton. I would think they would ideally want them in different midweeks but if that can’t happen, definitely on different nights.
Obviously the Chelsea game is affected by this too hence the delays.

It's still shocking that the PL think tomorrow is classed as 'early' as per their tweet last week.

The FA have zero influence in almost everything the PL does. The legal name reflected the set up in 1992.
I wouldn’t say zero influence due to their “Special Share”:

“The FA’s special share means that certain actions can only be taken with its approval, such as the appointment and re-appointment of and Board Directors.”

I wouldn’t say zero influence due to their “Special Share”:

“The FA’s special share means that certain actions can only be taken with its approval, such as the appointment and re-appointment of and Board Directors.”
I said almost everything, they have nothing to do with TV deals, fixtures schedules and any operational matters, the name is a relic of the past.

It is disingenuous to blame the FA for late fixture confirmations, and what powers they have are more a formality like royal consent after the club's make the decisions.

It is on the FA for the Semi Finals. The confirming of Leeds Brighton and Chelsea etc is nothing to do with The FA and entirely down to the Premier League and the tv companies
Fully aware, just highlighting that it can be done quickly.

It's not a direct one or the other choice though is it? Both can easily be accommodated. I have watched perhaps nearly 800 live games in 40 years of match attending, but have never seen a Coronation of nation's Monarch in my 55 years on this planet. I suspect there are plenty of younger fans who are not Royalists, or even remotely patriotic, but whether they like it or not the greater majority still respect the monarchy and wish to witness the Coronation. Perhaps my 28 years in the British Army makes me slightly more patriotic than most but trust me, and irrespective of what any Bluemoon poll may show, I am in the majority.
You are confusing issues. I had a lot of respect for Queen Elizabeth II, but the Royal family died with her imo. Watching the nonce’s brother in a gold carriage when food bank use is at an all time high seems perverse. Doesn’t make me unpatriotic though. Patriotism and believing in a Monarchy aren’t the same thing.

Having a king and/or queen is fairytale medieval bollocks and we should have lopped their heads off and had done with them a few hundred years ago like the French and most the rest of Europe.

I think the Leeds game will be 7:45ko on Saturday. Don't think it can be the early one because of the coronation.

Having a king and/or queen is fairytale medieval bollocks and we should have lopped their heads off and had done with them a few hundred years ago like the French and most the rest of Europe.

I think the Leeds game will be 7:45ko on Saturday. Don't think it can be the early one because of the coronation.
Coronation in the morning, execution at night, like it.

We did "lop " our monarchs head off , a hundred years before the French did with theirs,but we were stupid enough to allow said monarchs son to reassert the monarchy several years later after Cromwell,so there !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.