Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The “we play everyone home and away” argument has always appeared on this thread quite often in a sarcastic manner.

It’s not nothing to do with it, it’s the rags get a home game first match nearly every season despite us being champions but it’s the Christmas games that fuck me off. We nearly always get 2 out of 3 away and this year we get New Years Eve as our only home fixture. If it stays like that some family arguments will ensue and it’s almost guaranteed there will be early kick offs. It’s ridiculous but the Rags will be fine playing Boxing Day and the Bank Holiday Monday.

And the Rags get 3 Homes on the 3 dates when store takings are maximised.

First, last and Boxing Day

Random fixture computer my arse!
2 games away over last Christmas, Brentford and Arsenal, one at home against Leicester, always the case, would be nice to reverse one year.

This Champions start at home thing, anyone checked the stats on it? Always thought it was a bit of a myth.

Dude! It's the rags. Even If it was fixed. Everyone knows it won't matter. :)

I'm more worried about 2nd tier teams like Leicester, West Ham and Forest. :)

Jesus Christ, I am right in thinking all these conspiracy theories are little in jokes I’ve not been around long enough to appreciate aren’t I?

Yet last season we were home on 2 of those, almost like it’s different every year.
Yes but over the last few years we're nearly always away First and Boxing Day and often last too.

Joking apart I bet Rags match day takings for the first home game dwarf a later midweek game.
It's when a lot of the Wankers would visit the store to get kitted out for the season ahead.
Boxing Day too, all that foreign Christmas money to blow and the last game get stocked up for Summer as it's 3 months before revisiting Manchester for most of 'em.

Not really arsed but it's just an observation.
The second half of the season all their fixtures will be shunted around to the non descript days again whilst the big boys get all the attention.

A lot of us didn't even realise they were playing half the time last season as there was no fucking point to them.

I understand that clubs have some input as to what they would/would not like, so that, say Newcastle aren't travelling to Southampton on Boxing Day, and vice versa. It's open to all clubs which is why the Dippers have asked for a newly promoted team over the last four seasons as an opening fixture, and got it!

With World Cup I think league is wide open. A few injuries to any of the top clubs could de rail the league.

Get as many points on the board before the break as who knows what’s going to happen after World Cup

It’s going to be a weird season. I am predicting two of the top four to be non “top six” teams.

Ourselves and Liverpool will be in it but I don’t think Spurs, Chelsea, United or Arsenal will be in it.

This Champions start at home thing, anyone checked the stats on it? Always thought it was a bit of a myth.
I must post this every single year. It’s a myth.

United were champions in 1992-93 and were away first game the next season
United champions 94, home first game next season
Blackburn champions 95, home first game next season
United champions 96, away first game next season
United champions 97, away first game next season
Arsenal champions 98, home first game next season
United champions 99, home first game next season
United champions 00, away first game next season
United champions 01, home first game next season
Arsenal champions 02, home first game next season
United champions 03, home first game next season
Arsenal champions 04, away first game next season
Chelsea champions 05, away first game next season
Chelsea champions 06, home first game next season
United champions 07, home first game next season
United champions 08, home first game next season
United champions 09, home first game next season
Chelsea champions 10, home first game next season
United champions 11, away first game next season
City champions 12, home first game next season
United champions 13, away first game next season
City champions 14, away first game next season
Chelsea champions 15, home first game next season
Leicester champions 16, away first game next season
Chelsea champions 17, home first game next season
City champions 18, away first game next season
City champions 19, away first game next season
Liverpool champions 20, home first game next season
City champions 21, away first game next season
City champions 22, away first game next season

In 31 years, the champions have been at home first game the next season 16 times and away 15 times.

In United’s 13 title wins, they’ve been at home first game the next season 7 times and away 6.
In City’s 6 title wins, we’ve been at home first game the next season once and away 5.
In Chelsea’s 5 title wins, they’ve been at home first game the next season 4 times and away once.
In Arsenal’s 3 title wins, they’ve been at home first game the next season twice and away once.
In Blackburn and Liverpool’s one title each, they were at home first game the next season.
In Leicester’s one title, they were away first game the next season.

The only anomalies in any of it are that Chelsea seem to be at home a lot and City away a lot first game when champions. So it’s hardly like they’ve favoured United over the years, and nobody else other than the big three have won it enough times to see a trend with them as individuals.

But there’s no trend to the overall thing and it’s never been a “thing” to be home first game the next season when you’re champions.

The idea behind it comes from the old fashioned thing where the champions would host the FA Cup winners in the Charity Sheild, and it’s been conflated with the first Prem game for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.