Fixtures Calendar | Latest Update - Pg 28 (and Pg 1)

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/so...ay-games-on-champions-league-nights-1.3032723
I don't think that's the case anymore. The link is from 2017 when I think it changed. I'm certain it's happened fairly recently that the premier league was on sky whilst an English team played in the Champions League.

There may well be a sort of Gentleman's agreement that the matches dont happen at the same time where possible still though, but this wouldn't stop getting the Everton and Southampton game played on champions league nights.
No agreement of any sort. UEFA tried it on an attempted to stop the Premier League, the Bundesliga, La LIga, and Serie A from playing matches on a Champions' League night or if they did to move the kick-off times earlier. That broke down several years back and City have certainly played a televised match on Sky on a CL night.

No agreement of any sort. UEFA tried it on an attempted to stop the Premier League, the Bundesliga, La LIga, and Serie A from playing matches on a Champions' League night or if they did to move the kick-off times earlier. That broke down several years back and City have certainly played a televised match on Sky on a CL night.
I thought so.

Just Googled it - West ham at home last season on Sky Sports, Spurs played same time on BT against Leipzig.

The best and most logical decision football can take all around is to cancel Euros, it’s already been cancelled one year, cancel this year too ... maybe play next summer as a prelude to the winter World Cup ... but cancelling that this year would mean all leagues and Champions Legaue and Europa can just finish ... if not as original plan then they have the option to stretch the leagues out to summer ... that should also cancel the stupid international break in March and give everyone a couple of more possible gameweeks to fit in ... if then things get worse and they have to pause seasons then CL and EUropa can happen like mini tournament over summer like last year ... but then common sense isn’t all that common especially amongst footballing suits.
They wont be cancelling the Euros again. UEFA have contracts to fulfill with broadcasters, which ultimately benefits the FA and every other countries football association. Failure to fulfil those contracts will ultimately lead to football associations collapsing because they are reliant on this funding.

There is currently no requirement to cancel it either. We can fit in all our games, and other European leagues are able to as well.

Clubs need to follow the protocols to prevent outbreaks occurring and if they aren't following the protocols, forfeiting should be an option on the table. Its unacceptable.

However, calendar congestion is not a new issue. We have a thread on it most years. Depending on your viewpoint, fortunately/unfortunately it never becomes an issue because we get ourselves knocked out in the CL quarter finals.

Updated after the TV picks for February ... still no sign of the two postponed games though.

View attachment 8765
A useful spreadsheet many thanks, it also helps indicate the matches after the March international break that could be effected if our Brazilian and Portuguese players are forced to quarantine, 10 days extra!

Let's hope it gets resolved with exemptions before then.

A useful spreadsheet many thanks, it also helps indicate the matches after the March international break that could be effected if our Brazilian and Portuguese players are forced to quarantine, 10 days extra!

The CL QF both legs and Leicester (A) ... wow, I didn't realize that's even a thing ... Brazilians not being able to play when they're back ... in which case simply don't send them ... well, will have to feign some small injuries though, but Fergie used to do it every single international break so maybe take a page out of that handbook for once ...

Here's the updated table below ... how good does our January look btw ... I haven't even had to use the Draw or Lose symbols I put aside when creating this ... only the green ticks for us - long may it continue!

1612092309073.png

Last edited:

If it isn’t resolved, the players will be stopped from travelling?

a question all of us should be asking. fergie used to hold them back all the time. we never seem to do that.

"Sources close to the Brazilian federation say they expect clubs to have to release their players and have no concerns about calling up (players)"

The CL QF both legs and Leicester (A) ... wow, I didn't realize that's even a thing ... Brazilians not being able to play when they're back ... in which case simply don't send them ... well, will have to feign some small injuries though, but Fergie used to do it every single international break so maybe take a page out of that handbook for once ...

Here's the updated table below ... how good does our January look btw ... I haven't even had to use the Draw or Lose symbols I put aside when creating this ... only the green ticks for us - long may it continue!

View attachment 9333

they have to pull out. If they don't, they should be fined and, in my view, fired for breach of contract from the games missed by not being available for matches on their return. None of our players should be leaving the country at this stage unless it's to Gladbach and back with no quarantine invoked.

FIFA has to cancel that international break, it just has to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.