Fixtures for 18/19 season

Bastards aren’t they?! And what’s all this shit we’ve been given, having to play everyone twice just to defend our record breaking title?!
Corrupt to the core!!!
They should figure a system out where we don't actually play anyone at all....that way no one can get pissed off or paranoid........

I don't see how playing newly promoted teams away early doors is a bad thing. Gets you relatively easy home games in the run in when it most matters. Huddersfield aside of course, but a lot of circumstances around that game.

The run in for us is fantastic from Feb 27th. United away might be tricky but we do quite well there.

You'd have to be unbelievably stupid to think that the scheduling doesn't matter and it's just a case of playing 19 teams home and away.

I'm not just talking about it effecting us, either.
That’s a different matter altogether though. Some are saying they’ve made it hard for us by going to Arsenal first. Arsenal who we demolished at their ground.
I agree there’s fixtures manipulated for telly etc. As you say though, that affects everyone.

Fuck me, proper easy start to the season. Arsenal is tough away first but then Hudds Wolves Newcastle Fulham Cardiff and Brighton in a row.

Our run-in is very fair n'all.

The only tough run of games we have all season is Arsenal Cheslea Everton in February.

What happened to not having top 6 teams playing against each other first game absolute bollocks it is,away over chrimbo Again.
Away over Christmas is the best time to be away. A fair amount of people have between Christmas and New Year off and away games are perfect for then.

That's worked out pretty well, assuming we maintain something like our quality from last season (irrespective of points).

By early Dec, we will have already been away to Chelsea, Spurs, Arse & Liverpool. And we don't have any periods where we play 3-4 tough games on the trot (with cup games inbetween) like we usually get.

If we are anywhere close to the top, by mid Dec, the league has a problem (again) & we don't have any big away games (& bent refs) clashing with the big games (& bent refs) in the latter stages of the Champions League.

Provided we don't allow ourselves to be mugged by the domestic cups & pick up lods of injuries & fatigue, (which should be less likely with an improved squad) that gives us a great crack at the two biggest competitions.

We only have to be 'thereabouts' at Christmas really, to be right on course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.