Flavour of the Month Managers

Blue Hefner

I have been listening to the podcast on the Guardian website and they were talking about Owen Coyle getting the sack less than a year after he was linked with the Arsenal job

I can think of a few:
Boothroyd
Paul Lambert
Danny Wilson

Any more??

The Rag media always hype up a team, a player, a manager every season. When the effluence hits the air conditioning apparatus it's as though said Rag media had never heard of them St. Rag in the Garden of Gethsemane - What? Me? I said that Blackpool play stunning football? What? Me. I said that Owen Judas Coyle was the manager of the season? What? Me? I said Joey Nobrat was a world class midfielder? Not me! Thrice not me!

Mike Walker touted as England's next manager at Norwich City, went to a decent sized club in Everton and failed dramatically.
Paul Jewell draughted in to be Derby County's saviour and made them worse.
Howard Wilkinson seen as some sort of technically minded genius but both his personality and football was as boring as fuck.
Sam Allardyce claiming he'd have gotten a big job if he'd pronounced his name with an Italian twang. No Sam, if your goalie didn't walk off the pitch for a drink after 13 minutes instead of taking a fucking goalkick, you'd be better off.
Bruce Rioch was given his chance at Arsenal and apart from the signing of Denis Bergkamp, did very little.
My favourite though was King Kenny. Brought back by Liverpool as the Messiah who would get this great club back to their former glorys. Wasted about £80 million on Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam.

Mark Hughes. That grey dull bastard was meant to be the great white hope after being Wales manager and at Blackburn. Turned out to be tactically inept over achiever with his arms folded.

Laudrup after the first two games in charge of Swansea was getting treatment as the second coming but they've been shite since.

Funnily enough never see Di Matteo getting much credit for the great start at Chelsea and there's still doubts over his future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.