Flexing their muscles

Quality post Soulboy..........

Strange that we have been quiet, but I think something has been brewing and we will hear soon..........

Soulboy said:
Are the traditional "Big 4" set to flex their muscles after a couple of years of prudence?

The rags look as though they might be snaffling up getting on for £100m worth of talent... in spite of repeated asertions that they were skint!... Chelsea, having wodged £75m in the January window, now look as though they too are readying themselves for another £100m splash.

Liverpool are linked with numerous names, speculation is that they too will be spending upwards of £50m this window... and it's just Arsenal under an obstinate Wenger that appear reluctant to flash the cash.

But they have the cash if necessary, so we can't know yet if they will go on a spree.

Whch brings us nicely on to City... so far no signings. But no biggie, it's early in the window.

But more worryingly there's seemingly little speculation of us spending yet. We're either very quiet in our business (amazingly so!) or else we've had a shift in policy... hopefully not!

But I remember when Blackburn Rovers dominated the transfer market in the early 90's, no one could match their spending power and all the top players were high on their wanted list... and they routinely signed them as well.

If I recall correctly, the "Big 5" at that time had regular meetings to discuss, amongst other things, the formation of the Premiership, the carving up of gate and TV money, and an "agreement" that they would 'work together' in the transfer market in order that they could marginalise Blackburn.

I even seem to remember Martin Edwards coming out a few years later on and stating that United (and the others) had decided that they would no longer be outbid by Rovers. That even if it meant spending over the odds they had to stop Blackburn getting the very best players.

And it worked.

Once the supply line of top-notch players was strangled, Blackburn never returned to former glories.

Are we seeing a re-run of that time? Are the "big 4" of the view that the only way to stop City is to target our targets and make sure we don't get them?

We've already had the FFPR imposed as a direct result of our wealth... is it such a quantum leap to think the major Premiership clubs may also be devising ways of reducing our power?

You could as well argue that the traditional powers are panicking and are desperate to try to keep up with us..

to the OP.....too late to stop us, as far as I'm concerned we have the best side in the Prem now they have a trophy and 1 year together under their belts, fucking lift off next season.....no bedding in new players etc.

In my opinion, no Grade A, players have moved yet.

Henderson solid, Jones a better piece of business in my opinion, but not for us

None of the supposed targets have moved yet. The deals being cut now are non City targets on the domestic scene. at this stage last season, ok a world cup year, we had only signed Jerome Boateng.

I hope we get 4 in

The cookie monster said:
11-12 weeks of the transfer window left and people are panicking unbelievable!

This

This thread is like a dozen others in the transfer form! Just dressed up in an attempt to make people think it's something different!

The club, will not sign players just because some random poster and blue moon starts having a panic attack because a few days in to the window we hav enot been linked with the worlds best players

were-doomed.jpg

Dax777 said:
Doesn't Mancini want all his signings in by Training camp deadline.

Yes. But i dont think we will overpay or just panic sign just for that. I think City are ready to play the waiting game also.

Then again...who knows if they sign many players in a short space of time in the next 1-3 weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.