Flights booked?

Gelsons Dad said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
this seems just like a case of the greens trying to destroy the airline industry to suit their mythical propaganda campaigns.

I wish it was.

looks like tomorrow might be written off in the uk now due to more eruptions.

funny how everyone can focus on travel but surely this is having a massive impact in Iceland?

And of course the knock-on effect will be ordinary people are priced out of a summer holiday they've worked all year for, not to mention the possible millions of pounds people have lost due to this, not to mention companies and the like, and man is such a bad thing? nature's doing a far worse job evidently.

yep
A new ash cloud spreading towards the UK is causing uncertainty over plans to reopen some airspace on Tuesday, air traffic control body Nats has said.

Earlier, it said the flight ban would be lifted over Scotland, Northern Ireland and the north of England.

But Nats said there was now a worsening situation in some areas. The outlook for Northern Ireland is most uncertain.

Scottish airports are still expected to reopen from 0700 BST, but Nats said it would report again at 0300.

A further update will be made at 0900 BST on Tuesday.

Nats said more airspace over England was expected to become available from 1300 BST although not as far south as London's main airports.

stop booking flights people! while there's people stranded abroad, it's not wise! and you just dont know if an airline will go bust, the amount of money they're losing per day is obscene.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
funny how everyone can focus on travel but surely this is having a massive impact in Iceland?

And of course the knock-on effect will be ordinary people are priced out of a summer holiday they've worked all year for, not to mention the possible millions of pounds people have lost due to this, not to mention companies and the like, and man is such a bad thing? nature's doing a far worse job evidently.

not that i know a great deal about this, but it seems like you're just spouting nonsense mate.

paphos-mcfc said:
One of the major losses is in fresh imports / exports. costing the country millions a day. (fruit, veg, fish meat etc.)

Mail is also being hit hard, expect disruptions to your post too!

Alan Kernaghan's 40yd Lob said:
yep
A new ash cloud spreading towards the UK is causing uncertainty over plans to reopen some airspace on Tuesday, air traffic control body Nats has said.

Earlier, it said the flight ban would be lifted over Scotland, Northern Ireland and the north of England.

But Nats said there was now a worsening situation in some areas. The outlook for Northern Ireland is most uncertain.

Scottish airports are still expected to reopen from 0700 BST, but Nats said it would report again at 0300.

A further update will be made at 0900 BST on Tuesday.

Nats said more airspace over England was expected to become available from 1300 BST although not as far south as London's main airports.

stop booking flights people! while there's people stranded abroad, it's not wise! and you just dont know if an airline will go bust, the amount of money they're losing per day is obscene.

TheLegendOfBerti said:

not that i know a great deal about this, but it seems like you're just spouting nonsense mate.

not really, airlines have to try and recoup some of the losses from somewhere, prices will most likely go up, and people won't be able to afford it. I know of American companies doing tours to Europe who are stuck here and have live and TV schedules to fulfill, it costing them fortunes. Also, I'm perfectly entitled to have a dig at the pro-green activists, seeing as a Green Party representative gave a lecture a few weeks ago that I attended and they did not even know that they were campaigning for several items on their manifesto, not to mention the actual statistics on such events.

But fine, talk nonsense I shall.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
yep

not really, airlines have to try and recoup some of the losses from somewhere, prices will most likely go up, and people won't be able to afford it. I know of American companies doing tours to Europe who are stuck here and have live and TV schedules to fulfill, it costing them fortunes. Also, I'm perfectly entitled to have a dig at the pro-green activists, seeing as a Green Party representative gave a lecture a few weeks ago that I attended and they did not even know that they were campaigning for several items on their manifesto, not to mention the actual statistics on such events.

fair play, at least you've admitted you've brought a political agenda into this debate based on a personal grievance born a few weeks ago. dont really see why you've done that.

it's like you're all 'FUCK THE GREENS! FUCK NATURE!', just because the green party reckon that man has affected the planet's climate, you think that when it happens naturally, it evens the score?

firstly, that's bonkers. secondly, why are you even talking about that?

fair enough, champion the 'ordinary people' who now wont be able to afford their holiday, even though it's a bit of a stab in the dark that that will happen, but then you seem more concerned about the people who have lost millions of pounds...

i'm kind of only kidding man, just a bit of banter.

my primary concern is my best mate who's stuck in new york, should have been back on thursday. he's got no money and if his flight gets canceled on thursday this week, he's right at the back of the line again. he's losing his mind and it's not good at all.

TheLegendOfBerti said:

fair play, at least you've admitted you've brought a political agenda into this debate based on a personal grievance born a few weeks ago. dont really see why you've done that.

it's like you're all 'FUCK THE GREENS! FUCK NATURE!', just because the green party reckon that man has affected the planet's climate, you think that when it happens naturally, it evens the score?

firstly, that's bonkers. secondly, why are you even talking about that?

fair enough, champion the 'ordinary people' who now wont be able to afford their holiday, even though it's a bit of a stab in the dark that that will happen, but then you seem more concerned about the people who have lost millions of pounds...

i'm kind of only kidding man, just a bit of banter.

my primary concern is my best mate who's stuck in new york, should have been back on thursday. he's got no money and if his flight gets canceled on thursday this week, he's right at the back of the line again. he's losing his mind and it's not good at all.

I meant in general people overall will lose millions, not just one individual necessarily.

Good news from Las Vegas! Speedbird 274 just took off here 02:09AM PDT only slightly late (6 days 5 hours give or take)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.