Florian Wirtz

When was the last time Bayern sold a top German talent though? Michael Ballack at the age of 30?
I get that Bayern aren’t a selling club but hypothetically speaking, what if Musiala told them he categorically doesn’t want to renew and we put in a bid for £120m this summer. That would test resolve because they would lose him for significantly less in summer 2025.

They are so poorly run it’s a joke. They haven’t manage to extend Musiala’s schoolboy contract despite him being a regular first teamer.

When was the last time Bayern sold a top German talent though? Michael Ballack at the age of 30?
Struggling to think of any. Hummels and Gotze going to Dortmund are the only ones I can think of but wouldn’t say they were superstars.

Bayern have smashed the league in terms of recruitment and getting pretty much all top talent. We signed Sane but they still pressured him into returning to Germany. PSG should be doing the same in France.

Struggling to think of any. Hummels and Gotze going to Dortmund are the only ones I can think of but wouldn’t say they were superstars.

Bayern have smashed the league in terms of recruitment and getting pretty much all top talent. We signed Sane but they still pressured him into returning to Germany. PSG should be doing the same in France.
Completely - Bayern didn’t manage to make Leverkusen roll over and give them Xabi Alonso, which is actually very impressive from Leverkusen’s perspective. Is that a sign times are changing? Not so sure.

Bayern’s contract situation in the first team is horrendous too. Some big hitters entering the final year of the contract. I get the impression the board are hinging everything on this managerial appointment, which is very poor and a massive gamble. Can you imagine if Nagelsmann rejects them? Seems like they are running round in circles anyway with that appointment. The managerial market is very thin though to be fair.

I get that Bayern aren’t a selling club but hypothetically speaking, what if Musiala told them he categorically doesn’t want to renew and we put in a bid for £120m this summer. That would test resolve because they would lose him for significantly less in summer 2025.

They are so poorly run it’s a joke. They haven’t manage to extend Musiala’s schoolboy contract despite him being a regular first teamer.
Absolutely, if he wants to leave, we should be front of the queue. But history tells us that top German talent doesn't leave Bayern in their prime. I'm all for us changing that though.

They have decided to follow the Rag model and can’t wait to become insignificant also rans. To succeed at this business model you first appoint a poor manager then spend loads on shit players, lose the league and then piss off all the remaining quality players so they run down their contracts and want to leave :)

They just returned to the club where they had came from.
Hummels was struggling to stay injury free and Gotze just wasn't up to it at Munich.

In the same interview Carro said Leverkusen will make 1 big sale (not being Wirtz) to finance 2-3 new players as part of their business model.
Leverkeusen have put a 150m euro (£128m) price tag on 20-year-old German attacking midfielder Florian Wirtz amid interest from Barcelona and Real Madrid
(BBC tonight)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.