Florida Holiday - Shooting Guns

rickmcfc said:
Thanks for the reply, some really good info there. The outdoor range sounds much better than indoor. Can you hire/use a sniper riffle at any if these places?

Sorry for the delayed response. A sniper rifle is really just a regular rifle with a scope on it. Most rental rifles probably will just come with the factory iron sights on them, but you may get lucky. Also, taking a lesson or class often means you get to try out some of the instructors guns.

Almost all gun enthusiasts I meet, are happy to let you try out their guns and sometimes, the person next to you at the range starts talking with you and the next thing you know, they're asking, have you ever tried shooting this one?

Florida is a very pro gun state so your choice of ranges to visit should be excellent. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts after you have tried it as in my experience, those who have never tried it are generally the most vocal against guns and those who have tried it, appreciate the skill required, the simple engineering involved and the value these tools bring when coming up against people who only understand force.

Essembe said:
rickmcfc said:
Thanks for the reply, some really good info there. The outdoor range sounds much better than indoor. Can you hire/use a sniper riffle at any if these places?

Sorry for the delayed response. A sniper rifle is really just a regular rifle with a scope on it. Most rental rifles probably will just come with the factory iron sights on them, but you may get lucky. Also, taking a lesson or class often means you get to try out some of the instructors guns.

Almost all gun enthusiasts I meet, are happy to let you try out their guns and sometimes, the person next to you at the range starts talking with you and the next thing you know, they're asking, have you ever tried shooting this one?

Florida is a very pro gun state so your choice of ranges to visit should be excellent. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts after you have tried it as in my experience, those who have never tried it are generally the most vocal against guns and those who have tried it, appreciate the skill required, the simple engineering involved and the value these tools bring when coming up against people who only understand force.

Thanks for the reply. Im booking florida in the next 2 weeks so will then look into choosing where to go then.

I used to go shooting in Texas a lot Rick, you need someone with a valid US drivers license to accompany you and your sorted.

I doubt Florida will be much stricter.

Lane hire (1hour) and 150 rounds will cost roughly 120 usd.

TCIB said:
I used to go shooting in Texas a lot Rick, you need someone with a valid US drivers license to accompany you and your sorted.

I doubt Florida will be much stricter.

Lane hire (1hour) and 150 rounds will cost roughly 120 usd.

I must have struck lucky when I went. My mate took me to see his brother who had his own place in woods and he had shit loads of guns, he even had a Chinese made AK47.

When I look back at all the alcohol consumed before he got the guns out I shudder. All of us were absolutely shit faced and I shot a fish.
We were a great advert for gun control that day.

Here is a quick vid of me shooting a german Mauser 98, second world war vintage. I love the modern guns but I like the fact I can still use something made so long ago and it still works flawlessly. Here we set up some stones to shoot.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHLx4xJ5rdQ[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.