FOC Roll Call :-)

my dad started taking me to see city reserves in the late 60s early 70s first actual city game i cant remember, vague memory of west brom 1970 being my first game. my first away game was at wembley wolves cup final 1974.

now at 60 years old i think that makes me a YFOC

66 yrs old now first game was central league game in 1963 cliff sears etc . Season ticket holder for 41 years Platt lane, kippax .North Stand , Maine stand now CB level 3 . A real old FOC.
Welcome to the thread, blud. (Don't know what that means but I use it whenever I feel it's appropriate)

75, broken body, failing memory. Physical pain wiped out by Pep and his men. First game September 1955, can’t really remember it, but I do recall being overawed by Maine Road. First game watched 1955 Cup Final on Pathe News. Used to get taken to the swamp, hated it. First tv game 1956 Cup Final at a neighbour‘s house. Soon as I was old enough to go with a pal and no adult, on to the glorious Kippax, never been equalled. 1/6d =7.5p.
Highlights:
-The appointment of Poyser was the most typical City decision ever.
-The appointment of Joe Mercer a master stroke, so of course it ended in tears due to directors split.
- Capturing Pep.
-Playing highlights: Title won at Newcastle, Aguero goal and title won at MR, Champions league win, 2 losses to Shrewsbury, Halifax ugh, Colin Bell the King, David Silva leading Arsenal a merry dance, Alan Oakes, week in week out he was there.
Many joys, many tears.
'Doffs cap'

My old fella told me Poyser after being assistant Manager for 3 years Was appointed manager. In an interview he was asked if he’d had any thoughts about bring new players in. Poysers response was “I need to have a look what we have”
Poyser took over from McDowell. My old man used to come home from the match saying" Sack Mac, Poyser's Woyser".

Have other FOCs had the message from the club saying you won’t be allowed into the derby without proof of FOC status? Otherwise they’ll take away your stick and Werther originals or something like that? Better get there early to join the queue of people like me emptying their pockets in search of their bus pass

75, broken body, failing memory. Physical pain wiped out by Pep and his men. First game September 1955, can’t really remember it, but I do recall being overawed by Maine Road. First game watched 1955 Cup Final on Pathe News. Used to get taken to the swamp, hated it. First tv game 1956 Cup Final at a neighbour‘s house. Soon as I was old enough to go with a pal and no adult, on to the glorious Kippax, never been equalled. 1/6d =7.5p.
Highlights:
-The appointment of Poyser was the most typical City decision ever.
-The appointment of Joe Mercer a master stroke, so of course it ended in tears due to directors split.
- Capturing Pep.
-Playing highlights: Title won at Newcastle, Aguero goal and title won at MR, Champions league win, 2 losses to Shrewsbury, Halifax ugh, Colin Bell the King, David Silva leading Arsenal a merry dance, Alan Oakes, week in week out he was there.
Many joys, many tears.
My first game at Maine Road was September, '55 - Blackpool, won 2-0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.