Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

Tbh it’s pretty clear to me how it should be.

North Stand tier 1 all safe standing
North Stand tier 2 all cheap tickets

Family Stand relocated to the northern sections of the CB stand. This keeps them close to City Square. It also means that for night games when some families don’t come that there won’t be loads of empty seats on camera.

Reactions: Itd
Trust me city are doing this right. They know they pissed fans off last couple of years and they are upping their game and sorting out who sits where and making sure it is full. We are in the best hands.
Fair enough mate I am not as close to the club these days as not in the UK but I have faith in the club and fans to get it right.

Can we get this thread back on topic. If anyone is going to these Focus Groups, I'd really appreciate a PM at some point to get feedback. I've no idea whether what they're going to present or ask bears any relation to anything we saw last night so I'd be interested to hear reactions. Thanks.

PMs between the privileged. Will you be posting 80s youtube music videos ? ;-)

Why not ?

Me personally I would just scrap the idea of a family stand and just make all kids tickets cheap around the ground. We were perfectly fine before having a family stand with loads of kids around the ground. I don’t think it makes a difference having one

If you see the state of the divide between home and away fans, especially during big games, you really wouldn’t want young kids right next to that.

It also puts them at the other end of the ground to City Square when they’re a big part of its audience and far away from the tram stops.

We also don’t want an entire family Stand behind the goal. It’s too much and has a big impact on atmosphere. Behind the goals should be the loudest parts of the stadium.

PM's from seasoncard holders to their representative on City Matters. Got a problem with that?

Ouch ! Take a chill pill. Was chuckling to myself quickly skimming through the thread from the start. Guess your not in a joking mood this evening.

Will be interesting how they plan to pull that off.

An expanded 2nd tier would lack an overhang so they’d be missing a few extra rows on what the SS 3rd tier offers.

Perhaps the gap between rows could be made smaller to squeeze more in. The gaps are pretty big in the SS 3rd tier.

Surely rail seating / standing is in the planning somewhere ?

Good post but a bit harsh in my opinion at the end Colin. You said last week that it was good they are promoting dialogue and listening. Let them do the surveys and implant a plan before we attack them. I am more positive than you they all get things right this time.
That bit at the end was my general opinion, not my opinion on the subject we're discussing. I think they do want to get that right and I'm really happy that they're listening. But some of the things they proposed just confirm why it's important that they do listen as they think we're suddenly attracting a new, wealthier type of fan. We aren't and we should be worrying about how we replace the older ones who are dropping off. We might have to take a step backwards, in terms of sacrificing some match-day revenue via lower prices, in order to take two forward.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.