Food/Drink that don't taste the same anymore

Pussy. It used to smell like fish, taste like chicken. Nowadays it's all, "ocean breeze", or "fresh rain".
Long gone are the days of having to go to the dentist for a haircut.

In 1977 I was at Tech and Friday was always pint of Stella and Minute Steak sandwiches in the pub at dinner time. The taste of Stella was from another world compared to other lagers, but now its horrible. Have the others caught up or has Stella gone backwards?

Thirty years ago I used to drink 6-8 pints of Stella a night and no hangover . Now if I drink 4 pints of Stella I get a headache (not a hangover) the following day. Funny thing is the only other drink that gives me the same type of following day headache is non alcoholic lager. My mate suggested this could be an ingredient or a chemical used in the brewing process, I don't know if this is true or not.

Bulls Milk

kingpin3.jpg

Thirty years ago I used to drink 6-8 pints of Stella a night and no hangover . Now if I drink 4 pints of Stella I get a headache (not a hangover) the following day. Funny thing is the only other drink that gives me the same type of following day headache is non alcoholic lager. My mate suggested this could be an ingredient or a chemical used in the brewing process, I don't know if this is true or not.

I think it is probably chemicals added to it. Macro lagers have a few chemicals in them to try to enhance the flavour and it's cheaper to mass produce. When Stella got huge in the early 90s by the end of decade it was very strange how it tasted. It's nice when beers keep the same source of water, hops, barley etc but when there is a demand they'll cut corners. I'd stick with small companies with beer most will say no additives or preservatives added.

With some foods it's either us getting older and our taste buds change or a lot of them just cheap out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.