Food From Your Youth

Smiths crisps, loves that brand as a kid. Golden wonder cheese and onion crisps. Came across them a couple of years ago. Bought a pack and they tasted bloody awful.

The factory had a weird kind of smell.
Beautiful from the outside.
I made the train journey going past so many times over the years, I used to love it when the train came to a halt at the back of McVities, used to see loads of people open the windows and sniff up, that smell was amazing (but obviously only from the outside).
Anyone remember Tudor Crisps?

remember collecting packets to send off for the 'Munch Olympics' medals - big plastic badges with Henry VIII on them

1972 - how old am I FFS?
They used to have Geordie voice overs right ? “Canny bag o Tudor man” ?

My paternal grandmother’s hot Vimtos deserve a special mention - although I excluded them from the above because they weren’t on sale at the shop.
The shops near my primary school sold hot vimto in polystyrene cups during the winter mornings in the early 90s. Would get dropped off a couple of hundred metres away from school so mum didn't have to join the east lancs, was given 20p for a hot vimto on my way in to school with my brother and nextdoor neighbour

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.