Foolish to write off mcfc at this stage

citysky

Whilst Manchester City continue to splash their cash in ostentatious fashion, another one of their rivals has suppressed the talk of the Premier League title heading to the City of Manchester Stadium in the upcoming season.

Chelsea’s Ivorian striker Salomon Kalou is somewhat unconvinced by their credentials and has being recently quoted expressing his views that you cannot simply buy 10 players each term and finish top of the table.

Kalou’s comments however contradict the fact that a mere few years ago, Chelsea did the same meaning it would perhaps be foolish of him to write off Mancini’s side. In 2004-2005, Mourinho spent in excess of £70 million on transfer fees with players such as Tiago, Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, Mateja Kezman, Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira arriving at Stamford Bridge -Chelsea won the league.

City have added the likes of Yaya Toure, David Silva, Aleksandar Kolarov and Jerome Boateng with both Inter Milan’s Mario Balotelli and James Milner remaining targets for the Eastlands’ outfit.

Salomon Kalou perhaps needs to trawl through the history books at the Bridge before laying his hat in the ring with regards to dismissing the power of spending big in the transfer market. When he said that “City have to remember there are still teams like Chelsea, (Manchester) United, Liverpool and Arsenal who will always be at the top” he forgot one simple thing, without spending copious amounts of money from Roman Abramovich, Chelsea themselves would be nowhere near the top.

The quality of player that Manchester City will be revered by many of the top managers and there is no reason why they cannot challenge for major honours in the new season. After all, despite narrowly missing out on Champions League football to Tottenham last season, Manchester City beat Chelsea 4-2 at Stamford Bridge. Adding to that side will certainly bridge the gap between the current champions and City.

Whether they can gel in time for the new season and play with the level of cohesion required to win any trophy remains to be seen but such comments will only add fuel to a burning desire to cast last season’s disappointment into an abyss of sorrow.

Although the theory that “Spending a lot of money on new signings doesn’t guarantee anything” any views expressed on this particular from the Chelsea camp will be looked upon with an air of cynicism due their own dealings in the market which brought them to their current standing in world football.

kalou is hopeing it is united challenging them for the title, reason because they have a better chance against them than they have against city, he knows if we are in the mix we are probably more equipt than any of the other sides?

FIOS said:
Wo asked him????

Some journalist did, that is why it was reported on.

Most people just ignore it, however he just says what anyone would.

Kalou's afraid of getting the double pulled over his eyes again this season. He know's were a bigger threat than the scum.

personally i am full of hope yet bricking it - realistically i cannot see us finishing above Chelski and we will find it hard to get close to the rags. If Arse buy as they are likely to do so and keep Fabregas they too are going to be difficult to catch and Liverpool wont have another bad season like last year now they have a half decent manager.

Its going to be a difficult season the only good thing is that most of the other fans are bricking it too

Hello chaps this is my first post, I'm new to the forum but not new to city. I really think we could win the league this year and I don't think there's any need for negativity. These are exciting times, everything has changed and we as fans need to change and realise that there's no shame in expecting to win every game we play. It's almost like we've been abused for so many years that our opionion of ourself has lowered to a point that we can't break away from the chains that have held us down in the past. I firmly believe that we should conduct ourselves as we always have done and greet the future with a sense of humor so that we don't become like the fans of the sky 4 who are ungrateful buggers.

We're in the best financial position of any club in the world but lets not forget where we came from. Sorry for the rant but I wasn't able to start a topic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.