Football Books

Dare I suggest Tony Cascarino's autobiography, good warts & all stuff?

The Damned United is my favourite, much darker and more intense than the film.

citykev28 said:
tony cascarino's was indeed awesome. also mentioned have been all played out and manslaughter united. steve claridge's autobiography is quirky as well.

Enjoyed Tony Cascarino's book but couldn't abide Steve Claridge's. If the guy was made of chocolate and all that...the way he eulogises about himself he should have been PFA Player of the Year and England manager rolled into one.

Top of my favourite football books is My Father and Other Working Class Heroes by Gary Imlach, closely followed by The Damned United and All Played Out. I find most player biogs boring as hell, but exceptions to the rule include Niall Quinn's, Jamie Carragher's and <searches for tin hat> Roy Keane's and Norman Whiteside's. Mickey Quinn's book is okay, although should come with a 'Warning: Scenes of a Sexual Nature Involving Fat Man With Moustache' sticker on the cover...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.