Football fans stickers on public transport

TinFoilHat

Hidden in the spacecraft of our reptilian overlord
Team supported
Manchester City
Is there anyone here who can explain this phenomenon of football fans putting stickers on things such as trains and the reasons for it?

For example, the train I'm working today has "Brentford FC - Bees on Tour" stuck in various places on board.

I personally have no issue with them as some are creative, whilst others are the kind of thing a 5 year old comes up with.

I'm curious to understand why it's done.

Like a sport form of tagging, no idea when it started or which country but you see it all over the world and yes you get the topical and clever ones and also the childish ones

lamp posts, pub toilets and transport always the target.

I'll be honest I was given some once and done and stuck em up in the swamp, the arty and inteligent ones they were though not the cartoon shite

Lots of them in the Wheatsheaf.

As for public transport, I remember rags playing either Twente or Utrecht. They were basically plastering the tram with stickers.

There’s some religious nut doing biblical quotes on telephone/broadband boxes in my area.

Its not quite the level of littering/tagging, but it’s pretty close.

It's not specific to trains, I've seen Bristol Rovers and Cardiff City fan groups tickets before. Encountered some Fulham "ultras" on a train goin to Paddington doing that once.

On a slight divergence, it was a popular past time of Covidiots during the pandemic, they used to target the street furniture near a shop near me.I used to take great delight in taking it off and putting it in the bin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.