Football fans stickers on public transport

My blue Dad at the ripe old age of 83 has just bought himself a mobility scooter. Unfortunately and to my consternation it's red. After my Initial shock I've decided to try and find as many city stickers as I can. The club website says sold out. If I can find some black it might look like the away kits...any humorous stickers would be acceptable for e.g. rascal, funky chicken, old git etc.

Is there anyone here who can explain this phenomenon of football fans putting stickers on things such as trains and the reasons for it?

For example, the train I'm working today has "Brentford FC - Bees on Tour" stuck in various places on board.

I personally have no issue with them as some are creative, whilst others are the kind of thing a 5 year old comes up with.

I'm curious to understand why it's done.
Started in Europe, years ago. I was doing it heavily in the 00’s. It’s a simpler from that doing a tag with a marker. The wee super hard ultras nowadays so it but even then they use a generic template used by many teams, oneupmanship is no longer a thing. My thing is removing them, or covering them up.
IMG_5204.jpeg
Random lamppost in Inverness. Suitably fixed by me.

The Young Boys supporters seemed to carpet bomb Manchester with stickers when they played us last Autumn.
Piccadilly station is still full of their stickers, as are several pubs, a few of the trams and the little buses that operated the "free bus" services 1 and 2 until recently were plastered with them!

My blue Dad at the ripe old age of 83 has just bought himself a mobility scooter. Unfortunately and to my consternation it's red. After my Initial shock I've decided to try and find as many city stickers as I can. The club website says sold out. If I can find some black it might look like the away kits...any humorous stickers would be acceptable for e.g. rascal, funky chicken, old git etc.
No alternative but to respray the thing sky blue I'm afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.