Football Governance Bill (Independent Regulator) introduced today

This seems to all have come from a UEFA ‘letter’ to U.K. gov and is being widely reported, although I suspect it’s a lot of media feeding of scraps. I can’t find the text of the letter in the UEFA website but someone else might have more luck.

I just caught and interview with some guy on 5Live this morning. I don’t know if he was speaking in any official capacity but the arrogance was breathtaking. I’m the last person who goes for all the sovrinty bollocks we’ve endured for the past decade, but the idea that a national government “has to” do as the tax-dodging corrupt thieves at UEFA and and FIFA tell them is genuinely insulting.

Let them ban us from the tournament, I don’t give a shit. Nice rest for a couple of the City lads and we can always accidentally make them play behind closed doors due to “security concerns”.

All this UEFA talk will be David Gills influence at UEFA. He’s rotten to the core along with Parry, there’s no unbiased governance at the premier league now, or the FA. So it does need independent governance leadership. The irony is all appeals and hearings go through an independent process and arbitration..

Martin Samuel nails it.

I told you the new football regulator would get us kicked out

Just about the most complete analysis of UEFA's concerns:

Politicians are masters of compromise, at least they are advised by people who are. There will be nothing to see here when it's all done and dusted, I don't think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.