Football League Cup - Semi-Final 10/11 Jan

It would appear that come the big games, Herr Klopp tends to lose more than he wins which is strange given his apparent position as worlds best according to some on here on a almost weekly basis ;-)
Lost 5 finals on the trot.

Liverpool were really poor tonight, and Southampton will be kicking themselves that they're only taking a one goal lead into the second leg.

I may be being a little blue tinted here, but it seems the commentators are building up a narrative that Liverpool are dominating and a loss will be unlucky.
I've only watched the second half but they've created practically nothing and Southampton should be out of sight.
It's all about how hard Liverpool are working Southampton, Southampton needing to relieve tension, pressure. Basically lots of words suggesting it's all Liverpool. "Hanging on", "stem the tide", "anywhere will do".

Southampton will be gutted not to be practically in the final, Liverpool delighted to escape with only one goal to make up.

If this were City, it would be all about disappointing City, City lucky to escape.
I don't normally buy into the bias media too much, but I can't help but think had we put in this performance the narrative might be different...

I only saw the 2nd half and I thought the same. The commentary was pretty odd in general though - They kept saying Redmond was 'denied a hat trick'. He scored one and missed to sitters, hardly 'denied a hat trick', though

Dont mind the 2 red shites facing off in the final,an exta game with spice, and it means some shuffling of fixtures for both of them to midweek games, United v City, and liverpool would have to arrange their away fixture at Leicester to a midweek also. Plus theres the added bonus of a likely red card in this fixture, injuries, and one of the hated cnuts losing to their "biggest rival"

Dont mind the 2 red shites facing off in the final,an exta game with spice, and it means some shuffling of fixtures for both of them to midweek games, United v City, and liverpool would have to arrange their away fixture at Leicester to a midweek also. Plus theres the added bonus of a likely red card in this fixture, injuries, and one of the hated cnuts losing to their "biggest rival"
My thoughts too but the only downside is one wins a trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.