Football on TV

I've managed to catch a couple of these retro games recently and I've got to say I've been slightly underwhelmed with the quality on show. I watched the England - Spain game from Euro 96 and TBH i thought England played really poorly and hardly managed to string a couple of passes together. Gazza, Sheringham and Sicknote were awful in that game as I thought were Raul and Mendietta yesterday....it's funny how your memory plays tricks with you! We've been spoiled watching Spanish Dave, KDB and Sergio over the last few years.

I've managed to catch a couple of these retro games recently and I've got to say I've been slightly underwhelmed with the quality on show. I watched the England - Spain game from Euro 96 and TBH i thought England played really poorly and hardly managed to string a couple of passes together. Gazza, Sheringham and Sicknote were awful in that game as I thought were Raul and Mendietta yesterday....it's funny how your memory plays tricks with you! We've been spoiled watching Spanish Dave, KDB and Sergio over the last few years.

Never a truer word

Fitness levels have certainly got better, skill not so much. The greatest improvement I feel is in the ability to apply those skills at pace, and consistently over 90 minutes.

Another thing I noticed is the quality of the video. Even games from 15 to 20 years ago are bobbins picture quality in comparison to todays HD/4k pictures.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.