Football Rivalry Census

Stoned Rose said:
Liverpool and Everton are definitely not 'rivals'. Bollocks survey.
Is this a younger generation thing? When I started going to aways in the early 70s Manc-Scouse rivalry was very strong. I just don't get this idea of "they hate the rags too so must be ok". Half the fucking country hates the rags, it doesn't affect how I view other teams.

citykev28 said:
Is it not a matter of who you personally despise rather than who you believe to be our rivals?

Clearly United and Chelsea are the clubs biggest rivals right now but personally, I hate United, Liverpool and then Everton in that order.

I thought the same rivalry is about teams you hate, for me rags, spurs and middlesborough all horrible twats

lancs blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
Liverpool and Everton are definitely not 'rivals'. Bollocks survey.
Is this a younger generation thing? When I started going to aways in the early 70s Manc-Scouse rivalry was very strong. I just don't get this idea of "they hate the rags too so must be ok". Half the fucking country hates the rags, it doesn't affect how I view other teams.

I agree with you mate. Anyone who started watching City in the 70s would see United, Liverpool and Everton (in that order) as our natural rivals.
Today most fans would see United, Chelsea and Arsenal as our rivals as they're the teams we're competing against.
If i was asked which three teams i hated the most i would go for United, Arsenal and Liverpool (in that order) with Spurs and Everton close behind!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.